Missing content? Not sure if we'll miss it when it's gone...?

Grench

Forum Addict!
It may already be a known issue or for that matter intentional - which may be understandable.

The keyboard development threads appear to be missing.

I'm not sure if that in itself is such a bad thing, but if that content is gone, other more relevant content may have fallen off in the forum migration as well.

If it was intentional - OK. If not, was anything else more critical dropped too?

I've also noticed that some attachments (and/or links to attachments) seem to be broken.
Is this a known feature?

It may already be a known issue or for that matter intentional - which may be understandable.
The keyboard development threads appear to be missing.

They shouldn't. Why do you think they're missing?
We moved them to General Talk areas back when we were still using IPB4, so they should still be there.

Do you mean this thread, for example?
Or this?
Or this one?
Or that?

I found many many more browsing through the general discussions.

I've also noticed that some attachments (and/or links to attachments) seem to be broken.
Is this a known feature?

The attachments aren't missing - they are all at the end of a post.
The way IPB included them in the post itself however was a bit awkward, so the attachment included inside the post has a wrong link, but it should be still attached properly at the end of the post.

Last edited:
Ahh - my failure to dive deeper into General manually then. They're present, just not showing up on the search system.

When I'm at the level of 'Forums' and put 'keyboard' into the search bar, only old GP and keyboard threads prior to September 2014 show up.

Completely different results between the level 'Forums' and searching within the 'General' section.

Maybe it's just an indexing issue on the Search if in 'Forums' then?

Overall big improvement on the forum software - this is MUCH better. Thank you for all the hard work over the holiday!

The attachments aren't missing - they are all at the end of a post.
The way IPB included them in the post itself however was a bit awkward, so the attachment included inside the post has a wrong link, but it should be still attached properly at the end of the post.

That makes sense, though didn't IPB have a (not much used) system where you could refer to attachments in previous posts when making new ones?
If the normal attachment links are broken, then presumably those are too.

Edit: Also, are the links supposed to look like this when you mouseover them?
g802MG6.png

It seems odd that the mouseover effect should make the text less visible.

Last edited:
Back