Missing Emulators

1magus

I noticed that (unless I am mistaken) under the list of emulators in development the 3D0, Amiga CD 32, Coleocovision, Atari 2600-7800 are all missing in development. Or am I mistaken?

Well, we've seen ED running an Atari 2600 emulator, at least. I'll guess that the list isn't 100% up-to-date right now - which is fair enough, since people are busy. :p I'm sure it will become more populated once more Pandoras are out there.

I'll be adding Oricutron to the list of Pandora emulators as soon as I have a Pandora .. the port already works great on AI OS (Touchbook) ..

3DO probably isn't happening unless FreeDO finally goes open source, which I don't expect to happen. Even then it'll probably be slow.

i've found this page http://pandorawiki.org/Emulators#Emulator_List for the emulator list but i am certain i saw a more complete list, i don't find it anymore.
who has the link please?

X68000 please!

Should be viable for the first time on an open source handheld (fingers crossed)

ahahah said:
i've found this page http://pandorawiki.org/Emulators#Emulator_List for the emulator list but i am certain i saw a more complete list, i don't find it anymore.
who has the link please?
It's right there on the page you linked to. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
skeezix said:
I ported Stella awhile ago (eds video) and a crummy port of Colem.

Jeff
So I can play the Dragonstomper on my Pandora?

may88 said:
Dreamcast, DS, PSP and PS2 seem to be missing too. :p
Cmon I was talking about consoles that are realistic to emulate.
How come there is only one closed source emulator for 3D0? I mean it runs on old ARM isint it possible to emulate?

TylerAW said:
may88 said:
How come there is only one closed source emulator for 3D0? I mean it runs on old ARM isint it possible to emulate?
Sorry - just joking.
Ask Chip but I think you can't port anything without the source code.
I'm not familiar with the FreeDO project but you could try and contact them. Guess they'd need a Pandora to do that, though.

Wish someone would do a Philips CDi emulator. I know it wasn't a great system but there was a few reasonable games that I'd like to play again, plus it would give me an excuse to go up into the loft and blow the dust off my cdi games that have been up there since my cdi broke a loooooong time again.

Nupfi said:
What about good ol' NES ?!
Did I miss something?
In Pre Development Stage I belive: "NES/Famicom/FDS [Tinnus->Little John]"

BackAssward said:
TylerAW said:
may88 said:

Who says the PSP is unrealistic?
Well I dunno, I'm not a programmer but with the speed of the PSP (333 Mhz) and the speed of the Pandora (600-800 Mhz?) wouldn't they need to have similar CPUs to work with fullspeed emulation?

TylerAW said:
BackAssward said:
TylerAW said:
may88 said:

Well I dunno, I'm not a programmer but with the speed of the PSP (333 Mhz) and the speed of the Pandora (600-800 Mhz?) wouldn't they need to have similar CPUs to work with fullspeed emulation?
Please, please, please, don't bring up Mhz... you'll start a whole new pain of a topic that you don't want. Trust me. As for PSP, it might be possible, see here. Pandora-PSP-Blog

TylerAW said:
BackAssward said:
TylerAW said:
may88 said:

Woo! I got me one of those pyramid thingies going on here. The Emulation is realistic but playability may well be not.
I have no idea if any of the systems I mentioned have any exotic hardware that would complicate emulation but I guess all COULD be emulated for academic study (or pleasure) albeit too slow to be of use to the likes of us. :(

Back