mmo for pandora?

zohnnyg

my computer keeps heating up and shutting down so i dont have enough time to search the forums for updates or to read everday and browse so... im not sure if anyone posted this yet but we might be able to have a cool mmo on pandora. check out

NEStalgia at http://silkgames.com/nestalgia/index.php

its a NES style mmo hehe. looks cool but havent had time to read if it can be ported or played on pandora.

Looks like its Windows only I'm afraid.

And no source code as far as I can see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like its Windows only I'm afraid.

And no source code as far as I can see.

Not only "Windows only but, as far as I see in the forums, it does not even work with wine x86 very well and the devs seem not to be interested in a "normal" linux-port, I doubt, a linux-arm-request would make a lot of sense. What I gathered in 5 minutes searching is: The engine it is based on is extremely Windows x86 only...so probably would need a complete rewrite. Just my guess...I am not a coder.

Last I heard there are plans for a flash client so it may be possible if the pandora can get Flash running. Otherwise BYOND is pretty much windows only for the client. The other ports are pretty old and text only so I doubt they function anymore with the recent servers.

there are some java and flash based 8/16 bit era MMOs... but after trying each one I can't hardly reccomend any cause they all honestly suck donkey ***

the one in the OP looks very promising, too bad the client is not Open source. Be on the lookout for HTML5 or JAVA based MMOs I'm constantly looking for them but sadly nothing that is worth while is popping up.

Dofus always looked cool, and I think all it requires is flash, which we now have. I think, I'm too lazy to look it up, but I know so Linux friends were playing it at one time.

we should have pandora representatives that know coding and everything about the pandora who are willing to talk to people about getting stuff ported? like have our pandora representatives talk to the guys making NEStalgia about porting it to pandora. that way they can have the discussion and totally understand everything thats being discussed and any work arounds needed.

I don't think NEStalgia looks that fun for the long haul. I think you'd get sick of it. If it came with skins that made it 16 or higher bit (think FF) I think it would be much more enjoyable. The ability to skin it would be a killer feature for that game.

Dofus looks pretty cool.

And what did happen to the mmo that was being developed for Pandora specifically, I can't recall who was doing it though. She had a blue avatar I'm sure of it :p

^ You're thinking of Eniko, whose avatar is not blue. :p I don't know what happened to the MMO, though.

She stopped in a while ago to update. The MMO is on hold in favour of a single player beat-'em-up, which is on hold in favour of school and the semblance of a social life. So the MMO sadly will not be appearing soon.

Also, the hair on her avatar is a bluish shade of purple. :p

Ah yes, school, what a time consumer you are.

Whatever she does release first though doesn't matter too much, both the beat em up and the MMO look amazing.

yes you better enjoy the time you spend at school especially the freedom :D (9 to 5 is horrible especially if you work withing a university area and see the students drinking wine/beers in the park )
Working at the university myself, so far it has been more like 10:00 to 22:30 for me. Luckily not every day, but quite a lot of them.

Back