Mod To Make Pandora Bigger

dobsonator

Still Fresh
well i was thinking that someone could redesign the pandora when they get it with a biggeer screen and just enlarge the whole thing including the battery, say twice the size something like what ben heck did with the ps3, made his own case n put a pc screen in there.

Um

There are ARM basted netbooks/laptops around the corner. Making the Pandora bigger would destroy pretty much everything cool about it!

I just bought something that fits the bill.

libretto.jpg

:p

(Not my pic. It's much smaller than it looks when you see it IRL. And very, very cute.)

Attachments

• libretto.jpg
    libretto.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 107
Gruso said:

libretto.jpg

(Not my pic. It's much smaller than it looks when you see it IRL. And very, very cute.)

oh my good god that is awsome running wid98 if i knew they were out when they were i wud have got one that is kool. especially for the time im thinking it came out

Attachments

• libretto.jpg
    libretto.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited by a moderator:
well i was thinking that making it slightly larger wud give it a bit more bootspace for mods such as built in 1.8" hdd and 3G and extra USBs. higher WATTage speakers with a seperate AMP to run them. and a larger screen may do some good as it could have a higher resolution. say using the same screen from an asus EEE with the little 7" screen may be kool

Alerino said:
if it wasn't supposed to fit my pocket, i'd rather buy a netbook (as a matter of fact, i did)
i bought pandora, but i still hope for a slimmer version in the future
Pandora SP or Pandora slim & lite? :D
I don't think they'll make one... the majority of the space is taken by the battery and omap needs a bit of space to breeze.
But who really knows?

Dobsonator said:
well i was thinking that making it slightly larger wud give it a bit more bootspace for mods such as built in 1.8" hdd and 3G and extra USBs. higher WATTage speakers with a seperate AMP to run them. and a larger screen may do some good as it could have a higher resolution. say using the same screen from an asus EEE with the little 7" screen may be kool

You would have to alter some things to the board as well, like the lcd controller to fit the new screen.

I was thinking of making it larger, maybe PC size, and improving the hardware, so it could emulate PC, and adding expansion slots so it can take PC peripherals, and probably making it look aesthetically more like a PC, but then I remembered I have a PC, so decided not to.

Steve

Dobsonator said:
higher resolution. say using the same screen from an asus EEE with the little 7" screen may be kool

...The Pandora screen resolution is 800x480. The 7" eee pc screen resolution is 800x480.

Gruso said:

libretto.jpg

Now with 20 minutes battery life!

Attachments

• libretto.jpg
    libretto.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 106
Gruso said:

libretto.jpg

I saw one of those in a market in Thailand. I asked how much it cost, and they said it wasn't for sale, just for display :(

Attachments

• libretto.jpg
    libretto.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 111
Gruso said:

libretto.jpg

Dang, I had one of these floppy drives, got it free at a garage sale. Couldn't figure out what the heck the connector went to so I just donated it to GoodWill, but we all know they just throw away electronics they don't think they can sell. Wish I'd have known, would've mailed it to one of you guys :p

Attachments

• libretto.jpg
    libretto.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 103
XD, it reminds me of my not so old Dell 600m, modded it so i could use CD bay as a cooling venting port.

so sad that it died after a fall from my table (the whole table broke after a holywood like chain effect caused by a falling mug)

Dobsonator said:
well i was thinking that someone could redesign the pandora when they get it with a biggeer screen and just enlarge the whole thing including the battery, say twice the size something like what ben heck did with the ps3, made his own case n put a pc screen in there.

If you doubled the size, it wouldn't fit very well in your hands and wouldn't be very portable. If you don't care if it is a handheld device and are looking for something more like Ben's 16 lbs PS3 laptop (does it run on battery?), then you could probably build a case that the Pandora fits in, drive the monitor with the TVOut function, hook a built-in USB keyboard and an external (wireless?) gamepad into Pandora's USB slot, and build the AC adapter into the case as well.

Otherwise if you are just looking for a Linux box with a bigger screen that requires an external gamepad, get one of the upcoming ARM based Linux netbooks and run the Pandora games from it (likely to work... no?).

Cheers,
Michael

here's what my palmtop looks like:

amitycn.jpg

it also has a parallel floppy drive attachment. It came with win95 but I upgrade to win98 for the usb goodness and can hook up a usb wireless G dongle to it. Kinda slow surfing websites though with its 192 megs of ram (Pentium 166). I think the latest IE I could install was 6.x something, probably should go back and see if it will take Firefox, haven't used it in a couple years.

rabidpoobear said:
Dang, I had one of these floppy drives, got it free at a garage sale. Couldn't figure out what the heck the connector went to so I just donated it to GoodWill, but we all know they just throw away electronics they don't think they can sell. Wish I'd have known, would've mailed it to one of you guys :p
CURSES! My Libretto only arrived yesterday. What the seller didn't tell me was that it requires a BIOS refresh (these things have weird BIOS arrangements) and it won't run until that's done. And a PCMCIA floppy drive is is the only way to do it. And it didn't come with one. <_< So I just bought one.

Back