Mono Audio and other questions?

Ryo_h

Still Fresh
hi,

havent actually got a gp32, and the main reason i want one, is i do a lot of commuting, and want to watch films and play games on the go. gp32 seems like the best bet. just got a couple of questions.

1) playing videos at 10fps on my pc does seem awful jerky, does it look anybetter on the gp32?

2) on the joygp site, it says 133mhz not recommended, does this mean, if i try to watch a decent length vid on my gp32 it will fry?

3) can i encode the audio as mono 22khz, 24kbit/s, 3kb/s, and does this produce any problems with playback?

4) i kno the snes emu isnt full speed, but the thought of playing a couple of classic rpgs on the go is superb, can anyone let me know what reading the text/speech in an rpg on the gp32's screen is like?

thanks, i would appreciate it if anyone can answer these.

Ryo!

1) Looks better cos it's a smaller screen. Anyway - you can get 15fps on GPcinema

2) Nope - if it fries at anything up to 133Mhz, it's faulty.

3) Gotta be encoded in stereo as far as I know...

4) I've found it fine...

thanks. :)

i will deffo be gettin one of these as soon as pay day rolls my way.

Ryo -

Think you will be pleasantly suprised on all accounts.

What SNES RPG's (and others?) were you thinking of playing on the go? Perhaps we can be more specific on how these actually run.

HZ :ph34r:

Re: Mono Audio
I've recorded and played TV on GP32 in mono audio 22050Hz OK

hi,

the rpgs i would most like to want to play are chrono trigger, ff6, seikendensetsu 3, secret of mana, and the breath of fire's.

i would also REALLY want to play sonic the GG/SMS version, and would like to know how those play, and what the sound quality is like.

thats great news on the mono audio, as when i re-encode the audio i would rather have mono with higher quality.

thanks for your help everyone.

Back