More Mods

I think I'd make a good mod. Im agressive, yet peaceful at the same time. Im a fun dude, I may be a GP2X newbie, but I can sure rangle a herd of rowdy people on a forum. Anyone (especcialy trolls) who come in here causing trouble. Ill ban them or whatever.

Ive been a mod at a small...VERY VERY VERY small forum...it was cool while it lasted.

It's not difficult to ban people who cause trouble really, I think anyone could do that. It's exercising restraint at times.

Some of the Mods on other sites really let Mod 'power' get to their head. Imagine if they had any real power? We'd be fucked.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mark posted on Dec 2 2005 at 02:15 AM said:
I think I'd make a good mod. Im agressive, yet peaceful at the same time. Im a fun dude, I may be a GP2X newbie, but I can sure rangle a herd of rowdy people on a forum. Anyone (especcialy trolls) who come in here causing trouble. Ill ban them or whatever.

Ive been a mod at a small...VERY VERY VERY small forum...it was cool while it lasted.
Imagine if they had any real power? We'd be fucked.

Magus 86 posted on Dec 2 2005 at 02:24 AM said:
Indeed... I vote for DaveC.
Yes, peeps like me would be majorly f*cked!
Anyway, I vote for Dave C as well. :)

I was once on a forum where mods went over the top......banning people for nothing. I wouldnt do that but maybe when someone acts a little too.......crazy and spams and shit, Id PM me them and warn them. If they do it again, a temp-ban for 2 days. again, one week, again and a perm-ban. So far I havent really seen much spam and disrespect.

Okaaaayyyy......
LOLZ. sadWERwera a mod? hahahahha

Goity posted on Dec 1 2005 at 07:25 PM said:
No offence, but I think DaveC might become a little obsessed with power.
I think we should get Vimacs and DaveC to fight for the power, and otherwise the power should fall onto me. :p

I vote for DaveC. :) I miss the days when Rico was the "Nazi mod" around here - the board was cleaner and more organized and it was pretty funny. Nowadays there are topics in the wrong forums all the time and nobody bothers to move them to the right forum. :unsure: Things began to go wrong ever since the GP2X section was added and people started posting News stories in the General section.

Vimacs might be a good choice too, I just don't seem to remember him as clearly for some reason...

Just wondering, do those "report this post" buttons still work? I remember a while ago there was some problem that the mods weren't getting the messages.

Esn posted on Dec 9 2005 at 07:49 AM said:
I vote for DaveC. :) I miss the days when Rico was the "Nazi mod" around here - the board was cleaner and more organized and it was pretty funny. Nowadays there are topics in the wrong forums all the time and nobody bothers to move them to the right forum. :unsure: Things began to go wrong ever since the GP2X section was added and people started posting News stories in the General section.

Vimacs might be a good choice too, I just don't seem to remember him as clearly for some reason...

Just wondering, do those "report this post" buttons still work? I remember a while ago there was some problem that the mods weren't getting the messages.
Me! Me! I can be evil!!!

funny how people are voting for DaveC and he's not even around atm :lol: Anway, I think a bunch of people on this board would make great mods.
Mark
DaveC
Vimacs (in no particular order)
and many many more.

I agree that we need some more mods; these boards have blown up since the release of the 2x. And where did Rico go? he's fucking hilarious

triksR4rabits posted on Dec 9 2005 at 07:56 PM said:
funny how people are voting for DaveC and he's not even around atm :lol: Anway, I think a bunch of people on this board would make great mods.
Mark
DaveC
Vimacs (in no particular order)
and many many more.

I agree that we need some more mods; these boards have blown up since the release of the 2x. And where did Rico go? he's fucking hilarious
He seems to be back.

Rarrrrrrr!!! See? I can be evil...

rabbits with hats posted on Dec 9 2005 at 08:01 PM said:
Shaking your fist productions would be a good mod
The Dangster!!!

postcount for today said:
Goity 22-June 04 2494 20 12.12%
Maan I'm posting far too much today

rabbits with hats posted on Dec 9 2005 at 08:04 PM said:
Most I posted in one day was 47. :eek:

The least I posted was about 4.8. That was a day, that was.

Dun think I'd like to be... I don't really read enough of the threads these days (there's something like 3 pages of unread threads in the GP2x general section... which is kinda mad).

Or rather, I would be happy to be, but I doubt I'd be very good at it. For modding, imo, you need to look at those threads you've seen a thousand times before, even if you really don't want to, if only to see if there's anything new that's been added to the debate, or if it's simply a case of "link and close". There's also the added complexity since the board upgrade (quite a long time ago, now), of old threads no longer get bumped by posts, which means there actually is something to be gained by posting a new topic if the old one is three pages back (even if it contains, to some extent, the same discussion). Linking to an identical thread from 3 months ago is fairly useless if no-one's going to see your reply to it!

If you're going to be effective, you also, (again imo) need to be pretty darn strict (Rico-style), which I'm not.

Twimfy's a sensible guy... could go with him quite comfortably, though :). And I suspect power crazy is good, at least when there's quite as much repetition going on as there is at the moment!

Thanks for the kind words, guys! It seems my nazi mod persona has worn off, largely due to my year-long voyage of self-discovery and drug-taking* mellowing my personality, turning me into an optimist, and just generally taking off my anti-social edge.

But that doesn't stop me from being reckless and merciful with my moderation powers, oh no!! I've just been busy with five motherloving courseworks at once, and let the other moderators (mainly just EvilDragon, what with kknd's internet cut-off and gennmx/rcx's eloping to France together) take the reins.

I went and did some work on the General Talks just now, and I hope we can have another moderator (I vote Vimacs) to help things out as two active moderators (plus hando) isn't enough for these ever-growing forums.

Feel free to PM/post any real problems with the forums as you see them, and I'll see what I can do.

*caffeine and alcohol

Rico posted on Dec 12 2005 at 02:09 PM said:
Thanks for the kind words, guys! It seems my nazi mod persona has worn off, largely due to my year-long voyage of self-discovery and drug-taking* mellowing my personality, turning me into an optimist, and just generally taking off my anti-social edge.

But that doesn't stop me from being reckless and merciful with my moderation powers, oh no!! I've just been busy with five motherloving courseworks at once, and let the other moderators (mainly just EvilDragon, what with kknd's internet cut-off and gennmx/rcx's eloping to France together) take the reins.

I went and did some work on the General Talks just now, and I hope we can have another moderator (I vote Vimacs) to help things out as two active moderators (plus hando) isn't enough for these ever-growing forums.

Feel free to PM/post any real problems with the forums as you see them, and I'll see what I can do.

*caffeine and alcohol
Kknd Cf didn't get cut off in the end.
Sometimes power crazy is too far, like at a sonic forum which i visit when gp32x is down/nothing is happening. There was this post by a weird emo kid http://s10.invisionfree.com/Sonic_Shadow/i...1292&st=0&#last, so I replied and got warned up to 60% for it!!! Me!!!

Goity posted on Dec 12 2005 at 08:27 PM said:
Rico posted on Dec 12 2005 at 02:09 PM said:

*caffeine and alcohol
Kknd Cf didn't get cut off in the end.
Sometimes power crazy is too far, like at a sonic forum which i visit when gp32x is down/nothing is happening. There was this post by a weird emo kid http://s10.invisionfree.com/Sonic_Shadow/i...1292&st=0&#last, so I replied and got warned up to 60% for it!!! Me!!!
I did for a week, then moved to 2gig a month capped broadband, which cut off after half a day. And then back on track.

Also I have more time now and I'll clean up the other boards.

Back