More Oc-options, Please...

bobele

Still Fresh
Holla...

I had no luck with my BLU. I know, Overclocking is only supported up to 133Mhz, but as several people report successful tries with 166Mhz or even more, I was full of hope.

Well, while LikSang states that the BLU can be overclocked to 166Mhz out of the box, mine of course can not. 166Mhz instantly freezes it. 156Mhz (in GPEngine or Castaway) runs ok but still has some freezes from time to time. 150Mhz in Castaway runs rocksolid for hours.

Here comes the problem: Why don´t programmers give me the chance to clock the machine exactly like I want to? Ok, Castaway gives me enough options to find a good one, but with GPengine I´m stuck to 133Mhz or the crashing 156Mhz.

It should always be possible to change the clocking as the User likes or the machine can handle it. Same problem with the two Coleco-Emulators: One is so blazing fast it´s almost unplayable, the other one is slightly to slow. Why not giving me the chance to tune it a little. Or bringing my machine to the exact point it still works ok?

What do you think? :)

By stating your wishes here nothing will change. If you want those features, drop the authors a mail telling about the advantages of that feature, and if they think it's sensible, they might add it.
If no one sends in any feedback, they don't know what people would like. And honestly, you don't expect authors to watch every GP32 site/forum to read your wishes, do you?

Well, for that you can use MrMirko's oc test program !
The thing is, to set the Gp32's clock, there are some limitations to respect, and divided clock values that must be calculated precisely. That's why the programs can't let you set the speed with 1MHz steps.

Since this very site seems to say 166mhz from liksang in all the adverts, maybe you could ask them to replace it with a working at 166mhz unit?

-Craig

www.gbax.com

first of all, why would you want to go any higher than 133mhz on GPEngine, i've never oc'd GP engine and all the games run fine at 133mhz 0 frameskip and sound, and also, FGEN for now runs great on mine at 132mhz with sound, frameskip 2, and Opensnes9x runs good at 156mhz for me, have you tried Opsnes9x??

I can go to 156 on OSNES but FGEN i crash at 156mhz, sometimes it depends on the program.

i dont think that liksang would replace it. My flu broke after 2 months and they wouldnt do anything about it. its a good thing that mashmods is pretty cheap.

first of all, why would you want to go any higher than 133mhz on GPEngine, i've never oc'd GP engine and all the games run fine at 133mhz 0 frameskip and sound, and also, FGEN for now runs great on mine at 132mhz with sound, frameskip 2, and Opensnes9x runs good at 156mhz for me, have you tried Opsnes9x??

Yea but point being, he paid for a 166mhz, and it dont go to 166mhz
id say get em to swap it B)

extremegamer posted on Aug 16 2004 at 08:35 AM said:

I can go to 156 on OSNES but FGEN i crash at 156mhz, sometimes it depends on the program.
GP Engine isn't full speed with sound at FS0 (Play Soldier Blade, a game where playing with frameskip causes you not to see you're weapon's complete firing range).

I'll say it again - Lik-Sang doesn't guarantee that the BLU's they sell will OC to at least 166 mhz, so you can't use that as an excuse to return it.
Lik-Sang.com said:
Up to 166 MHz Clock Speed out-of-the-box

Last edited by a moderator:
Deleted User posted on Aug 17 2004 at 12:48 PM said:
but it does at the top of this page
Just so you know, when you're going to buy something on the net, don't trust the ad for all your info. Read the "fine print" (Wasn't really fine print in this case. It's number 4 in the "Product features" list).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back