More Pi?.....Try some Noodle Pi

ArchiMark

Digerati & Pretty Nice Guy
Getting a lot of Pi lately...first there was some Banana Pi (see my other thread in this forum section), and now there's some Noodle Pi.....

While waiting for my Banana Pi UMPC, I came across the Noodle Pi tiny pocket computer, even smaller than the Banana Pi. Comes either in kit form or pre-assembed. Decided to go for the kit.

With the kit you get the case, pre-cut wires, dock (matches to the keyboard unit you decide to buy), some assembly aids, and various parts that are used to put together the internal components.

You also can get various cases for it such as the case I got (see second photo below) or a belt holster case. To give you an idea of size, the case is about the size of a pack of cigarettes.

With kit you need to purchase the display, keyboard, Raspberry Pi Zero W board, powerboost board, and camera if you want one. More info on the Noodle Pi webpages....

To compare, the Banana Pi has 5" display with Banana Pi Zero W board (quad core), and the Noodle Pi has a 3.5" display with a Raspberry Pi Zero W board (single core).

http://noodlepi.com/

Just finished assembling and here's the finished result. The 3D printed parts are well made, it's a tight precision fit assembly. There are various keyboard options available, you can this on Noodle Pi's webpages.

Turned it on and it booted up Raspberry and works great so far.

For reference, some photos include my Banana Pi UMPC and GPD Pocket laptop. You can see I've got sizes S, XS, XXS covered now.....

Enjoy.

Mark

GPzZ9u.jpg

lWjHeu.jpg

KDi5UF.jpg

hsb1c5.jpg

COBLte.jpg

Last edited:
This project looks like a "legal scam" for me.

EDIT: My reply was very short. What I mean is that the project is almost a "make-your-own-puzzle" thing. It have lazy work and the material is cheap and ugly as hell.

Last edited:
This project looks like a "legal scam" for me.

EDIT: My reply was very short. What I mean is that the project is almost a "make-your-own-puzzle" thing. It have lazy work and the material is cheap and ugly as hell.

To each his own, as they say, you are entitled to your opinion....

I'm really not interested in arguing with you about this, but given your harsh comments, I would like to clarify the nature of the design and kit, so that others don't get the wrong idea.

This is absolutely not a scam.

If you assembled one like I did and could really see all the details involved, you would realize that a lot of thought and effort went into the design of this device and to make it fit together the way it does. Everything is very precisely designed and fabricated. Tolerances are extremely tight. Absolutely not lazy work at all.

Also, the creator, Ashish, has been very responsive to my questions and provided excellent support.

Well, my intention wasn't to be harsh, but it is the 234908 project of the same kind I see in the last 4 years...

A keyboard without a delete key? The only configuration like that I know of is the standard 60% size, although keymaps for those often seem to have delete on fn+backspace. I just can't figure out where they've put the arrow keys, and after 20 years or using them, I'm not going back to hjkl any time soon.

And the Euro keyboard spec (ISO something or other I recall) has always had a non-stabilised double-or-so width backspace key. Only the triple width left shift and above needs stabilisation.

Back