Most Nerdies Geekiest Thing You Can Do With Your Pandora

Trevor Bradley said:
Turn it on, connect to wi-fi, leave the room, ssh to it, play BSD games.
LOL, now that's what I call geeky!

Last edited by a moderator:
socket said:
Trevor Bradley said:
Turn it on, connect to wi-fi, leave the room, ssh to it, play BSD games.
LOL, now that's what I call geeky!

That would be a perfect name for compilations of Linux games (i'm thinking of the album here, don't know if you get them outside of the UK).

JayFoxRox said:
Take my keypad and mouse always with me, also with my iWear on, wiimote for controlling this thing etc. Should be awesome.

You may be interested in this thread. It's good to see I'm not the only one planning this :)

Somehow connect my Pandora to my PSP so I can use it as a game controller, then connect my PSP to the PC using irshell, and finally sit down and play Crisis Core now that I have proper controls and screen. >_>

I see I'm way out of my league, here. Most of my friends will think it's nerdy enough that i'm using something running Linux. :rolleyes:

km2783 said:
I see I'm way out of my league, here. Most of my friends will think it's nerdy enough that i'm using something running Linux. :rolleyes:
At which point you start pointing out all the things that they use that run linux that they're not even aware of, right?

Hmm, since I and many of my friends are software engineers, it takes a bit more nerdiness than the usual to even have something register as unusual (math/programming/dnd/scifi/fantasy/meme jokes and references are the norm among my friends, so it takes something a little extra)

For example, I made a DnD monster database application to use while DMing for the gp2x, but never got it polished up enough to use, might break that project back out when I get a Pandora. Didn't even think of it being a nerdy thing to do at the time.

Similarly I'll be porting my rapid serial visual presentation reader I wrote in python to the pandora (should be trivial, hopefully I'll be able to do that without even having a Pandora). To most people recreational reading is already pegging the gauge on their nerd-detector, so developing software to do so...

My other planned project of modding an IR transceiver into the Pandora to make it a universal remote isn't too far out there, but then I start adding IR transceivers to all my other stuff and it might strike people as a bit odd...

I plan on using it to produce Radio Drama (Audio Dramas) I will use OpenOffice to write the script, Audacity (or somehting similary) to mix the audio, and maybe just maybe plugging a USB CD-R Writer to burn cds. I will also get a C++ IDE so that I can code stuff for the pandora... on the pandora. I also have a 160GB 2.5" HDD ready and waiting for the thing so that I can hopefully sync my iPod (that's where a cd ripper will come in handy) plus I got an apple USB keyboard getting warmed by the fireplace and a 15" LCD crying to be used as a monitor...

This will be my home setup... on the go I'll probably have fun using it as a Skype phone and my everything emulator! :rolleyes:

I'm going to love this thing to death.

Plus hopefully I'll learn enough about programming and porting to be able to get the N64 emulator out for everybody... I'm desperatley wanting to play ZeldaOOT on the go! :lol:

That's about as nerdy as I can think of... oh yeah... I'll probably crack the thing opena nd mess with the solder pads if somebody would tell me what they would do! Ducttaping a wii mote so that you have an accelerometer on the thing would be cool!................................

monkeyo2 said:
Most Nerdies Geekiest Thing?

10 words: Binary Programming!

That's so boring any idiot can do binary.

+0 words: Balanced Ternary Programming!

++0-+--00-+00-+++-

I'm learning C so I can create a comic/manga reader that I'll eventually develop into a general document viewer using the enlightenment foundation libraries. Should be fun!

JDGBOLT

Create a virtual image of my house with lights and appliances on it and use the touchscreen to control the lights with my X-10 system via WiFi to my Linux server or directly with a X-10 FireCracker attached to a USB Com Port adapter.

RavenX said:
Create a virtual image of my house with lights and appliances on it and use the touchscreen to control the lights with my X-10 system via WiFi to my Linux server or directly with a X-10 FireCracker attached to a USB Com Port adapter.
Oh man, i am so jealous of you right now. I would feel like a God! Does that include heating and everything? Does it monitor consumption and all that? I needs me some of that!

Well I think the Geekiest I can do is run xoscope on the pandora
An oscilloscope in my pocket :)

http://xoscope.sourceforge.net/

Just as soon as I port it to the pandora.
witch I will do just as soon as I brush up on my codding I have not programed more the a "hello world" in the last 4 years.
Dam this could take a wile. :(

Back