Most Ridiculous Gaming Session Ever

Yrx

the Happy Conqueror
Website
Visit site
So right now, after having gone to sleep yesterday at 9 AM and waking up at 8:30 PM, I decided that I should just stay up and go to sleep at night to get my sleep schedule right. So I hooked up my Saturn and popped in Mega Man X4. Already having had 2 Cherry Skis (like Mountain Dew except better), I wasn't completely drowsy (it's about 11 AM here).

Then, for some reason or another, I decided to plug in my giant Sega arcade stick, regardless of the fact that I am not an arcade gamer, and that this is fricking MMX4. Somehow I beat Web Spider (with the X Buster) without getting hit, breezed through the mushroom guy's stage, and got through the time trial portion of the Cyber Space stage with all S rankings. Frankly, I find this hilarious.

Anyone else have any stories?

Yrx said:
So right now, after having gone to sleep yesterday at 9 AM and waking up at 8:30 PM, I decided that I should just stay up and go to sleep at night to get my sleep schedule right. So I hooked up my Saturn and popped in Mega Man X4. Already having had 2 Cherry Skis (like Mountain Dew except better), I wasn't completely drowsy (it's about 11 AM here).

Then, for some reason or another, I decided to plug in my giant Sega arcade stick, regardless of the fact that I am not an arcade gamer, and that this is fricking MMX4. Somehow I beat Web Spider (with the X Buster) without getting hit, breezed through the mushroom guy's stage, and got through the time trial portion of the Cyber Space stage with all S rankings. Frankly, I find this hilarious.

Anyone else have any stories?
Drugs?

Last edited by a moderator:
i have never done an all nighter for the main reason i like sleep lol i might do one when i get my 360 ;)

Well, my sleep schedule had been reversed of a normal human being, so I needed a way to get tired at the right time. It hasn't really kicked in yet.

Last year I got really high and tried to play madden 07 with some friends..

That was interesting. Just not as interesting as when we actually went outside and tried to play tackle football :huh:

I work third shift and I drink some beers to get me sleepy :D I kinda feel like paying MLB Power Pros for Wii all day, But I think I'll pass and drink some beers until I feel sleepy enough to fall asleep. Besides that game can piss me off.

Yrx I know what you mean, sometimes I get so, not hyper but awake, that I can play something all day.

At the very end of my first semester (University second year) me and my friends discovered Super Mario War and ended up foregoing sleep until it was time for me to pack and go home for Christmas. Time was split between playing the game and designing ridiculous maps that were usually based around inescapable deathtraps. Good times.

I used to play an awful lot of keyboard Stepmania a few years ago. I remember I spent months playing it with the goal to beat My Spirit Will Go On (by Dragonforce) which was this insanely hard song with like 20 keys a second in places. I could finish pretty much any other song but this still eluded me - I used to drink caffeine to help me focus but I still couldn't beat it.

Some time later I woke up at 7am, extremely tired and drunk, and ambled towards my laptop to play Stepmania Online for some stupid reason. These people had set up a room and were eagerly anticipating 'some guy who can actually beat My Spirit Will Go On'. We had a quick test session while waiting for this guy, who was like the 4th best player on the network, and I failed pretty badly.

Anyways the guy comes on and we play again. To my utter surprise, I manage to blast the keys like a surgeon and clear the level with a B, while almost everyone else drops out. Finally satisfied, I put the game down and never played it again.

Suck it.

Back