Movie Park

When Moviepark is gone, do you think its fair game to release it on the internet for free

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
if they aren't making money off of it then it should be free. maybe even mr.spiv could put it into a bios ;)

P.S. does this mean that there won't be any updates :( THAT SUCKS

It is comercial software, and the reason they wont be selling it is that they have ran out of contract the company that does the decompression code. So i dont think its fair to release it.

I think someone should develop a new free version.

Anyway i dont think we need divX maybe qt would be more suitable, or maybe a new version of divx (5)?

Shut up :D

By the way i've impersonated you on the other board, you'd better register on it.

It's just a little too soon to be considered abandonware mefinks.

besides if GP decides to release a new version, a warezed one is could end up de-valuing the new product.

It's a bit pain in the ass that it's not going to be available any more, thats gotta make selling GP32s a little harder, now of their headline features is gone.

if there is no sign of a ressurection or new release in the next 12months, then i'll click yes ;)

I've always been an advocate of responsible piracy. If it's gone for a reasonable amount of time and a new version dosen't appear to be in the works, why not use it for free? Of course the best thing that could happen would be for a superior free player to be developed. Xvid would be an obvious top choice as far as mpeg4 players.....

If it becomes free, there will be no incentive for programmers to create a faster, better alternative.

I voted no.

Anyway i dont think we need divX maybe qt would be more suitable, or maybe a new version of divx (5)?
qt is pants and always will be!

maybe it is good on macs ... but on windows it stuffs your machine up and clogs your processor! :angry:

unfortunately most film trailer use it! :(

...and don't even get me started on real media! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
let me break it down for you ladies

moviepark is a product you buy

moviepark is unavailable to buy because of termanation of lisence

moviepark is therefore abandonware until the producers intervine or is redistributed

how is it pirating if the people arn't selling it and there so not even one possible way of buying it

if you know a way of buying it NOW please enlighten me

If you really do mean now, then it's still available at JoyGP until the 15th July. You can still buy it until then...

If the choice is between not watching divx and pirating moviepark what would you do? This board is against piracy in some forms. I´m also against piracy in some forms. Prehaps not the same forms.

I say we should wait and see what varovision does before there are sites that release cracked vers of moviepark for free....

using the same argument you may as well release zars full speed genesis emu, the slow gba emu and that neogeo pocket emu. And anything else that is 'impossible' to get for the gp32.

Sure, people will always trade unavailable stuff like moviepark etc. but its probably best not to make a poll/big thing out of it.

-Craig

www.gbax.com

using the same argument you may as well release zars full speed genesis emu, the slow gba emu and that neogeo pocket emu. And anything else that is 'impossible' to get for the gp32.

Well Moviepark was able to get ( well actually is, but you know what I mean), so it's unfair for the people who can't buy it. Those emualtors were never legally available to get, so why would you have to release them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back