Movies Thread

Sleeper - Woody Allen

I wanted to test out the theory that Gmenu causes movies to display ony 1/4 the correct size, and in the upper left-hand corner of the TV screen with TV Out activated.

It does, and movies display normally when using GPH's stock menu.

... and it's a darn funny movie too :)

sam fisher said:
*downloads 300*
I've stopped illegally downloading shit now. I got back a couple hours ago to find an email from orange warning me that they have noticed my piracy and that next time I will be prosecuted.

Taking into consideration all the shit I pirate, wanna guess what I got caught for?

Diddy Kong fucking racing...

Last edited by a moderator:
sam fisher said:
bah, I dont use my ISP lent email account anyway. Plausible deniability on the warnings :p
Ignorance is not an excuse, it says so somewhere in the email...

.... we got one of those warning emails .... and guess for what?

The Italian-Language version of Tomb Raider 3 for the PS1. :p

Nova said:
sam fisher said:
bah, I dont use my ISP lent email account anyway. Plausible deniability on the warnings :p
Ignorance is not an excuse, it says so somewhere in the email...

Im not being ignorant if I dont check the email and realise i am actually being ignorant :ph34r:

I just watched Doom and what did I think?

Pros:
*The special effects were amazing.
*They captured the crazy scary feel of the game.
*The 5 min First Person Sequence was interesting and amusing.
*The film didn't stay still for a second, it was constant mayhem.

Cons:
* Lacking a lot of the better monsters. I was hoping to at least see Lost Souls, Cacodaemons, Revenants and Arachnotrons. All we got was a lot of Imps, Zombies and from what I saw, a couple of Hell Knights.
* Doom the game takes you to hell, the film would have been better if it climaxed in Hell too. That was such a missed opportunity and could have been amazing with traps and hellish atmosphere.
* The story was pretty lame, it required a little more expansion.

On the whole it was worth seeing once, but I found the bonus material on the DVD more interesting than the actual film. Probably because I'm such a fan of the 3 games.

Haha, Doom the movie. Yeah that was a fun flick. What always annoyed me in the movie besides the lame story was that in the beginning when the marines are in their barracks, this one guy has got some sort of a gaming handheld. It's like they can build spaceships and plasmaguns but cannot come up with a decent design for a handheld game that does not look like it is from the fucking 80s!

I watched "waking life" recently. Anyone who like mindfucks and is into independent and art movies: WATCH IT! it is amazing. Quite deep and philosophic aswell... it include a lot of things that I have thought about many times, very nihilistic and also just plainly cool animated. I bet there is a load of things in it that Sam Fisher has not found on wikipedia yet...

WarmFluffyUK said:
I just watched Doom and what did I think?
Just the thought of seeing that again scares me - can't remember the last time I saw a film quite as bad as that. So much great material in the Doom franchise to make a fantastic action/horror/sc-fi flick and they screw it up.

Watched 'Butterfly Effect' on TV the other night and I thought it was brilliant, reminded me a little of 'Donnie Darko' though its not in quite the same league as that. Also watched 'Land of the Dead' on DVD, I'd seen it at the cinema and was dissapointed but the DVD version is much better - lots more gore and zombie scenes. It should have been in the version they showed at cinemas rather than the heavily edited one they did release to get a 15 rating.

Has anyone seen '28 weeks later' yet? Looks like it might be good.

daclassicgamingmaster said:
sam fisher said:
I just watched 300. Damn that was great.
WHY does everyone cream over that movie? It was good, that's all. Jesus, people talk about it like it's the greatest movie since the godfather ;)

Some might say the same of the Sopranos :ph34r:

(and yes, I'm aware that the Sopranos was a TV series, and not a movie, which somewhat lessens the impact of my comparison)

sam fisher said:
WHY does everyone cream over that movie? It was good, that's all. Jesus, people talk about it like it's the greatest movie since the godfather ;)

Its better than the GodFather! FFS! ALSO ALSO!!

sam fisher said:
sam fisher said:

Its better than the GodFather! FFS! ALSO ALSO!!

Excuse me, but no. The Godfather is the best movie ever made.

Ever.

Alex. said:
No, Papillon is :)
Does Papillon have the line "Leave the gun, take the Cannolis"? Hmmmm? I think not, therefore it is not the best movie ever made. :p

300 was good.
Godfather was great.
Just saw Pan's Labyrinth and it's now my favorite movie of all time. Foreign films go where Hollywood doesn't... into your feelings!

Back