Mplayer Freezes Alot Or Skips?

Bloodsack

Website
Visit site
Why Is this happening? I bought my system yesterday and already my movies are skipping, but most of the time they freeze? I have a 4 gb ridata card. I got it from gp2x.co.uk.

Need help.

Thanks

Are you using full mode?(there are 3 modes: full, normal and save mode....To change the mode press Y)

panu posted on Jul 27 2006 at 02:32 AM said:
Are you using full mode?(there are 3 modes: full, normal and save mode....To change the mode press Y)

Are some modes more prone to skipping/freezing than others?

John

Last edited by a moderator:
John Sevinsky posted on Jul 27 2006 at 02:40 PM said:

John
The modes adjust the clock speed that the cores of the GP2x are at during the decoding of the video. So if a video is high resolution with a high bitrate, it may require a higher clockspeed to get flawless playback.

sam fisher posted on Jul 27 2006 at 02:57 PM said:
John Sevinsky posted on Jul 27 2006 at 02:40 PM said:

John
The modes adjust the clock speed that the cores of the GP2x are at during the decoding of the video. So if a video is high resolution with a high bitrate, it may require a higher clockspeed to get flawless playback.

How do I do that? I heard about this mmu hack? whats that?

Thanks by the way for answering my questions.

some playing problem of the mplayer of gp2x because of the speed of the sd card but GPH said that it will correct this problem in the futur firmeware.

You can already try the modified player:
http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,6,1679

MMU Hack is a hack from Squidge that's alow the developper to have full acces of the upper memory of RAM (32MO low memory with mmu and 16Mo without mmu in default mode)

Yod4z posted on Jul 27 2006 at 03:32 PM said:
some playing problem of the mplayer of gp2x because of the speed of the sd card but GPH said that it will correct this problem in the futur firmeware.

You can already try the modified player:
http://www.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,6,1679

MMU Hack is a hack from Squidge that's alow the developper to have full acces of the upper memory of RAM (32MO low memory with mmu and 16Mo without mmu in default mode)

Thanks for the link, but how do I install it. Do I just put the folder on my SD card? or something else? and avi movies.....do I do the same just on the card.

Thanks I wouldn've wrote a few mins earlier, but had a power outage. Rain storm here.

Back