MRU:LV-246 Escape from Hadley's Hope

Ghostbusters_-_NES_-_Ending_Text.png
?

Yeah, happens. Just stop working on if for a day or two. It clears the mind.
We have some music makers in the forum, maybe someone wants to give it a shot?

If someone wants to give a shot on the music. letme know. I made a few test songs but it goes a long time to get it to be cool.

I tried adding more stuff witg different levels of success. the more important change is the addition of a new power. you can now slow time for those hardcore moments you need precision to avoid stuff. it is working fine and it gives the game a new strategy to sove it. the time to use the power again slowly grows up. you can collect 5 powers to make that time shorter.

There are bits and bobs. I have a list of last things I will try to add and after that call the day.

Ian price instructed me on how to make a proper pnd. hopefully next release update will be done that way.

Edit: will update the current demo as soon as my internet is back.

Sorry I was without internet for a few days (damn, that really hurts the urban kind of person, me).

What I though of music on the first place, is based on what moon patrol brought back on the days.
I consider it one of the very first arcades to have musical genre that is not a march(military), a rustic music (ya, classic) nor kid´s alegro music.
I see it as a nice funk soul and from that point on, I saw a great arcade music evolution.
I though to have something similar, the funk soul, my latest thoughts are around reproducing some stuff similar to kashmere stage band in a moon patrol style.
It may not fit or mix with the rest of sound fx, but the rest can be redone here (and some still is).

That is just my idea, if you want to do music for it, then it is best that you be free to do what you see fit.

The latest version now, other then the bullet time power, has a sand storm happening every now and then.
Let me know if you are interested in doing the music. PM me.

here is a bit of video, not much new though.

I will try some things out, but I don't want to make any promises. (I am extremely critical of my own work.)

I think no music works, because in space no one can hear you scream. On that note, something a bit harsh and minimalist also seems fitting. Maybe something like ambient industrial. That could just be my preference coming through, though.

I really need to make myself play this game. If only I could remember where I put my Pandora the other day. :(

Back