Hase tournament on Friday 24th April (Hase pro hints inside!)

Attunement for this evening/night:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d02NCNcM9os
So much...weed... :D

Nice video, gives a good impression of the game. Still a little bit confusing for first time viewers what's actualy going on I guess but overall nicely done.  I miss a little bit of anti aliasing there to be honest (and some background gfx) but of course only from a graphics guy point of view. ;)

It was fun watching Ziz bombarded everyone via spectating mode.
Cheater? XD  Or like in some Bomberman games where killed bombers were ble to throw random bombs from outside of the screen in the Arena? (A nice Bomberman feature by the way!)

I miss a little bit of anti aliasing there to be honest (and some background gfx) but of course only from a graphics guy point of view.
How did I never notice that the background helps show you the gravity?  This would have changed so much of how I played past games.  I noticed the arrows, but I didn't know they were telling me something.

Or like in some Bomberman games where killed bombers were ble to throw random bombs from outside of the screen in the Arena? (A nice Bomberman feature by the way!)
I like that too.  It works for that type of game.  In Hase you can keep chatting while spectating.

I'm afraid friends came round on Friday night so I missed it. Did have chance to quickly play Ziz on Thursday, and aside from the AltGr key glitch that meant I couldn't change weapon, found it good fun :)

Hi and thanks for all pariticipants on Friday. We had a lot of fun, but also found a lot of bugs - even some bugs, which made the Pandoras freeze, or kicked some player before the gaming even started.

I know the reason for the first bug, I know the location of the second one and hopefully will fix this this week. More about fixing bugs and the plans for the next release in the Hase 1.5 thread. ;)

Still a little bit confusing for first time viewers what's actualy going on I guess but overall nicely done.
I would guess that is normal for any game. If you would watch your very first video of Pacman you would most probably be also confused, why the ghosts turn blue from time to time...
I miss a little bit of anti aliasing there to be honest (and some background gfx) but of course only from a graphics guy point of view. ;)
You are a graphics guys? o_O Anyway: Anti aliasing will not happening for different reasons.
Cheater? XD Or like in some Bomberman games where killed bombers were ble to throw random bombs from outside of the screen in the Arena? (A nice Bomberman feature by the way!)
This would not work for this turn based game.
How did I never notice that the background helps show you the gravity? This would have changed so much of how I played past games. I noticed the arrows, but I didn't know they were telling me something.
YMMD! :D

I think Ryo means he was spectating, and Ziz was playing and attacking.

FWIW, I played a bit of 1.5.3.7 yesterday and so far (touch wood) it hasn't crashed on me.  We'll need a proper session to stress test it and thrash out any remaining bugs, but so far it seems better than it was to me.

Are we planning another session yet?  The IRC channel title still says *next Friday*, but I think discussions suggested Friday wasn't the best day.  On the other hand, we did get quite a few people around on Friday.

I think Ryo means he was spectating, and Ziz was playing and attacking.

FWIW, I played a bit of 1.5.3.7 yesterday and so far (touch wood) it hasn't crashed on me.  We'll need a proper session to stress test it and thrash out any remaining bugs, but so far it seems better than it was to me.

Are we planning another session yet?  The IRC channel title still says *next Friday*, but I think discussions suggested Friday wasn't the best day.  On the other hand, we did get quite a few people around on Friday.
I will remove the "next Friday" message. :)

However, if you liked my game, please feel free to give it a good rating in the repository!

If you didn't like ma game, it is not on the repository, don't search for it! :p

It appears (once I had recovered my password) that I had already rated Hase, albeit based on the first public version probably without weapons.  You now have an extra star; use it wisely!

How did I never notice that the background helps show you the gravity?  This would have changed so much of how I played past games.  I noticed the arrows, but I didn't know they were telling me something.
I noticed it and didn't even played the game yet so Ziz did it right I guess. :D Pretty clever design idea actualy, fits in the "gravity" themed gameplay nicely.
I would guess that is normal for any game. If you would watch your very first video of Pacman you would most probably be also confused, why the ghosts turn blue from time to time...
True. Some games are easier to understand at first sight than others. PacMan seems medicore and I would say Tetris is easy to understand. League of Legends/ DotA may be the hardcore example of confusing gameplay for first time watchers I guess. ;)
You are a graphics guys? o_O Anyway: Anti aliasing will not happening for different reasons.
I can understand and handle graphic releated stuff better than plain coding lines so yes, I'm more on the visual side when it comes to gaming and. I get headaches from even looking onto code, my buddy is a talented database coder and when he shows me his work and try to explain it, I almost faint. :D My coding lessons during school were a nightmare, but al lthe beautiful work with any graphic and CAD program made me happy. ^^"
Yupp, it was just an example. I had such ideas ages back during various WORMS seasons that players who are out could throw in some random stuff during the rounds like bombs, traps, even weapon crates etc. (1x per round or so).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yupp, it was just an example. I had such ideas ages back during various WORMS seasons that players who are out could throw in some random stuff during the rounds like bombs, traps, even weapon crates etc. (1x per round or so).
That would be fun: when a random bonus or mine appears, dead players get to choose where it will land (e.g. pick between a few random locations).

You now have an extra star; use it wisely!
Thanks! All stars go to my death star project. :D
*Removes all stars.*

I was probably too busy trying to figure everything else out to notice the arrows were related to gravity.  I still haven't figured out aiming and power.

That would be fun: when a random bonus or mine appears, dead players get to choose where it will land (e.g. pick between a few random locations).
I do like this idea, and also letting dead players pick where the powerups fall.  It may not work out well in real use, so I would rather have the bugs fixed before this is even considered.

Btw. is there a new date for such a tournament yet?

Fyi.: I will not able to participate thursday and friday. Maybe I am online and play, but I will not plan it. ;)

If we're to try a weeknight, perhaps we should set a time for Monday or Tuesday 9pm UTC.

It has been pretty busy recently in the evening even without additional advertising, but it might be nice to see some new faces, especially if they have working Pandoras.

Back