Release Mtpaint.pnd Available

daniel3000

Still Fresh
Hi all,

the lightweight image and pixel art editor "mtPaint" is now available as a PND package.
Download here.

As always, please report problems with the package here in this thread.

Daniel

daniel3000 said:
the lightweight image and pixel art editor "mtPaint" is not available as a PND package.

Yes it is, I've just downloaded it ;)

Thanks for this and all the other ports.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr Loon said:
daniel3000 said:
the lightweight image and pixel art editor "mtPaint" is not available as a PND package.

Yes it is, I've just downloaded it ;)

Thanks for this and all the other ports.

:lol:

I meant writing "now", not "not".
Will edit the original post now.

Daniel

Finaly a light weight Alternative to the "fat" GIMP, very nice. :)
I don't know MTpaint and I don't have my Pandora yet but I'm happy to see a Programm for simple painting some Pixels.

Had a good play on this last night, it is really quite superb, more like a very light weight Photoshop than some kind of MSPaint which is what I was expecting.

Shame my artistic talents are not really up to much.

It does not appear to support pressure sensitivity, then again I'm not sure the Pandora touch screen does either.

Mr Loon said:
Had a good play on this last night, it is really quite superb, more like a very light weight Photoshop than some kind of MSPaint which is what I was expecting.

Shame my artistic talents are not really up to much.

It does not appear to support pressure sensitivity, then again I'm not sure the Pandora touch screen does either.

All resistive touch screens are pressure sensitive...

-God Ginrai

it just needs to be added to the driver, i think.
we should have 16 levels of pressure.

is mtpaint more responsive than gimp? gimp is really slow imho...

any possibility of getting myPaint? :p

I use mtPaint on the PC, nice to see it on the pandy too.

Also use photoscape alot:

http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php

Always found Gimp a bit of a pain (I know it's good, but my needs are small).

Always found Gimp a bit of a pain (I know it's good, but my needs are small).

I was using Gimp to make textures for a 3D app for the Pandora, but now I can use mtPaint, its bloody lovely .. ;)

Why isn't this in the appstore already, it's great and working good without any crashes for me. Even with 10 MP pictures.

It does handle layers and copy-ing between them in a strange way. Anybody else encounter difficulties there? Or am I doing it wrong?

(by difficulties I mean copy-ing something from one layer onto another sometimes results in new layers and some layers get different sizes, sometimes the copied piece just dissapears in to nowhere)

GizmoTheGreen said:
It's already reported by the driver, it just probably gets lost in some X abstraction layer(s).

notaz said:
GizmoTheGreen said:
It's already reported by the driver, it just probably gets lost in some X abstraction layer(s).
Is it possible to fix this or does it need deeper research to make preasure recognition work in general (various programs could use this feature)?

Thanks for this, will look into it in the morning. Honestly, I've been hoping for something that can replicate some of the experience of Colors! (http://colors.collectingsmiles.com/) as I greatly enjoyed it on my DS Lite before I sold it (only thing that saw real use on the system, so I couldn't justify holding onto it).

thanks again for mtpaint :)

it probably is making my friend who made these with it a 3rd batcher

symryb.png

slambam2.png

Back