?mugen For Gp32?

Afrothunder

Still Fresh
Is Game Park powerful enough to run mugen or must the game be specifically for the GP32 like the emulators

History :
MUGEN, a shareware fighting engine provided a tool to make your own fighting game
with your own characters.
Nearly every sprites of these kind of games were edited to be loaded in MUGEN
(probably more than 1400).
Sadly, Elecbyte, creator of this engine, stopped working on it and disapeared,
leaving a shareware version of MUGEN without sources.

Mugen is not open sourced, but there is Open Mugen which is not related at all with the genuine Mugen.

I wish that elecbyte released the source, for those that have not played MUGEN, like mattmagoo said is like KOF 91 but MUGEN being 100X better. Use to play and edit all my charaters, but once i updated to XP have not touched it yet.

KOF 91 is ok, but mugen is great. Use to have to copies of all my characters. In one copy i edited all the characters to play like Street Fighter 3 3rd Strike, with parrying added for all characters. Then in the other copy i edited all character to play like Marvel VS Capcom, adding super jumps and multiple 10 hit combos for each character. You could pretty much do so many things, you could even add tag team. That's probobly why i can't play with KOF 91, your very limited on what a character can do, plus the collision detection is horrible, especialy considering its a fighting game.

Just hope that open mugen project is succesfull.

yes,mugen for gp32 is a very cool project :)))))))))) i love my evil ken on it and the 20 and plus hit combos :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: please,a port to gp32 PLEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEE
thx Arch

Hmmm... must have missed this when it was 1st posted. For the record one of the main problems with Mugen is that most of the decent characters take up around 5MB inc sound, so 2 characters + a background + game code is obviously a problem in 8MB RAM.

Interestingly I have been working extremely slowly on a remake of Mugen - mainly just to see if I could compress the sprites enough to fit them into ram with a backround. I did manage it - I got evil Ken & Evil Ryu on Kens SSF2 background, although now I have to get moves and actual fighting which will take ages since I don't have much time to code it. I would post a screenshot but I don't have anywhere to put it.

Charge posted on Oct 11 2004 at 06:14 PM said:
Hmmm... must have missed this when it was 1st posted. For the record one of the main problems with Mugen is that most of the decent characters take up around 5MB inc sound, so 2 characters + a background + game code is obviously a problem in 8MB RAM.

Interestingly I have been working extremely slowly on a remake of Mugen - mainly just to see if I could compress the sprites enough to fit them into ram with a backround. I did manage it - I got evil Ken & Evil Ryu on Kens SSF2 background, although now I have to get moves and actual fighting which will take ages since I don't have much time to code it. I would post a screenshot but I don't have anywhere to put it.

Host it at http://www.imageshack.us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are some screenshots - notice that shadows and transparences are not in - and I haven't yet coded a flipped sprite because there is no point until I have finalised the sprite graphics format.

Mugen1.gif

mugen2.jpg

Mugen3.gif

Back