Multi-Disk PSX Games...

Kumaki

Can PSXreARMed handle multi-disk games?

How do you do it?

Also, is there a way to save games...for example, Dragon Warrior 7 is a multi-disk game, and also you need to save.

No, on ePSXe, I seem to remember having to have some seperate files available for saves...how is this done, or can it be done...on PSXreARMed?

Press space when you have loaded the game, in the extra stuff menu there is the option to change disc without resetting, and most games support saving onto virtual memory cards, all support save states (I'm on disc 3 of FF7 having started from the very beginning).

Hope this helped.

Yup multi-disc and saves are supported.

I don't understand what you mean by "seperate files".

I may be mistaken, but as I remember from ePSXe...you had to have two seperate slots to which you could save games.

Maybe I'm imagining it.

But, when you save a game...does it just save, or what? I don't mean save-states, either...I mean real, honest-to-goodness hard saves...so you can play long RPG's.

You are probably referring to the virtual memory card/s, as GiraffeDreams mentioned above, which mimics the original Playstation (PSX for the older fans) memory card/s. So yes, you can "default" save, or you can choose to use save-states. Or use both together.

...Patnik.

You are probably referring to the virtual memory card/s, as GiraffeDreams mentioned above, which mimics the original Playstation (PSX for the older fans) memory card/s. So yes, you can "default" save, or you can choose to use save-states. Or use both together.

...Patnik.
So do I need the "virtual memory cards" or not? Is there some other file that you need...to do a hard save?

No, you can just save using the save menu in-game and everything will be fine. It will be stored in a "virtual memory card" file automatically, which will always be in the PSXreARMed folder. :)

there is a few cards think 6+ already in there in extra stuff can even change them with game loaded atlest with thps3

Hey all, Please help me solve this problem, its really been a long time I am stuck with it.

Or re direct me to the right thread,

I am using PCSX-R playing legend of the dragoon ( 4 CD game ).

I just finished the first one, and at the "please insert disk 2" screen, I am lost and dont know what to do. I have tried many things.

Things I have tried:-

1) There is an "Eject CD" option then just hangs the application.

2) On the "Pease insert disk 2" screen I just go to file and click recently run disks and choose disk 2 there in the menu. Then the game displays, "Please while while checking for right disk" and then displays "wrong CD inserted" 

Please I really want to play this game, you are god if you can help me figure this out.

PS- I run it on the MAC version of PCSX-Reloaded 1.9.93

I am using ISO files to load the game disks

I have got to the end of the first CD by using freeze state and Defrost state! In game memory card dont work, even though I have them set up. *Thats a different problem* 

Thanks everyone! 

For swapping to other disks you need to go to "Extra Stuff" and then "Change CD image"  instead of "Load CD image" in  the main menu which assumes you want to reset the game and load an new game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, Please help me solve this problem, its really been a long time I am stuck with it.

Or re direct me to the right thread,

I am using PCSX-R playing legend of the dragoon ( 4 CD game ).

I just finished the first one, and at the "please insert disk 2" screen, I am lost and dont know what to do. I have tried many things.

Things I have tried:-

1) There is an "Eject CD" option then just hangs the application.

2) On the "Pease insert disk 2" screen I just go to file and click recently run disks and choose disk 2 there in the menu. Then the game displays, "Please while while checking for right disk" and then displays "wrong CD inserted"

Please I really want to play this game, you are god if you can help me figure this out.

PS- I run it on the MAC version of PCSX-Reloaded 1.9.93

I am using ISO files to load the game disks

I have got to the end of the first CD by using freeze state and Defrost state! In game memory card dont work, even though I have them set up. *Thats a different problem*

Thanks everyone!
why are you coming on the pandora forums then? you should go to the official pcsx forums instead.

why are you coming on the pandora forums then? you should go to the official pcsx forums instead.
Probably because there is no such things, and even if it would exist the community wouldnt be as vivid as here.(Also probably because here come #1 on google search, like for pygame support)

No Need to be rude

PS- I run it on the MAC version of PCSX-Reloaded 1.9.93 I am using ISO files to load the game disks I have got to the end of the first CD by using freeze state and Defrost state! In game memory card dont work, even though I have them set up. *Thats a different problem*
Implies to me that he's *also* running the Mac version too (hence the "different problem" comment). Though I could be wrong

I had no problems playing through games with multiple disks with the method trashy mentioned,

but I got another question:

Does pcsx-rearmed support multidisc eBoots?

It is possible to stuff all the CDs of a game into a single .pbp-file,

does it change the images automatically then?

Back