[Multichoice poll] What colour should the Pyra's case be?

Which hues whould you be happy with?

• No hue (black/grey/white)

Votes: 180 78.3%
  • Red

Votes: 76 33.0%
  • Orange

Votes: 26 11.3%
  • Yellow

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Spring green

Votes: 24 10.4%
  • Green

Votes: 25 10.9%
  • Sea green

Votes: 28 12.2%
  • Cyan (sky blue)

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • Pandora blue

Votes: 37 16.1%
  • Blue (Deep blue)

Votes: 77 33.5%
  • Purple

Votes: 43 18.7%
  • Magenta

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Pinkish red

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Octarine

Votes: 29 12.6%

• Total voters

Yeah, I chosen mix or matte too. Mix depending how gloss is used, but I think I prefer matte.

I'll say it again...

Mix a random assortment of multi-colored recycled plastic pellets together, throw them in the hopper and extrude it into the molds.  Leave it the natural matte finish - no paint.  Effectively a tie dye effect.

Every Pyra case would be different.

I'll say it again...

Mix a random assortment of multi-colored recycled plastic pellets together, throw them in the hopper and extrude it into the molds. Leave it the natural matte finish - no paint. Effectively a tie dye effect.

I think I would actually buy such a Pyra.

Tie dye Pyra? :lol:

I guess tie dye should be added. :lol:

I think it is a good idea not to paint it, so the paint cannot come off.

Also the material is not necessarily simple plastic again, it could be carbon-fibre reinforced plastic. That may impose some limitations on the colors that are possible without paintaing it.

I would like a matte kind of anthracite as the base color for most of the case, with a few touches of glossy dark red (#990022 or something) on some smaller parts and maybe the shoulder buttons and action buttons. Or matte dark red for most of the case, with all buttons in glossy or matte black (matte for the keyboard keys to avoid glare).

I'll say it again...

Mix a random assortment of multi-colored recycled plastic pellets together, throw them in the hopper and extrude it into the molds.  Leave it the natural matte finish - no paint.  Effectively a tie dye effect.

73_120_Sample.jpg

Could end up looking pretty cool.

I think it is a good idea not to paint it, so the paint cannot come off.

Also the material is not necessarily simple plastic again, it could be carbon-fibre reinforced plastic. That may impose some limitations on the colors that are possible without paintaing it.

I would like a matte kind of anthracite as the base color for most of the case, with a few touches of glossy dark red (#990022 or something) on some smaller parts and maybe the shoulder buttons and action buttons. Or matte dark red for most of the case, with all buttons in glossy or matte black (matte for the keyboard keys to avoid glare).
I concur.

Let's pick a SoC first then I'll come back here to pick a color :)
We can expect you'll be back around July then? :p

Because no SoC no Pyra.  What's good is it to pick a color now :D
So when we do pick one, it not like we have none at all, then we'll havethe look for it ready.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a few transparent cases? 

400pxClearboy_zpsb1ddf734.jpg

Sorry i'm just a sucker for seeing the parts of a piece... Hehe its cool actually seeing the guts of it.

I'm not saying make them all like it. Maybe have a few custom cases on the side that you could pay a bit extra to have it put on instead of the original case, and have an option to have the original case included on the bargain if desired.  That way these cases could have a lower production run and then basically done via poll or limit edition kind've deal.   That way if somebody truly wants it.. they can buy it from ED and its not being crammed down peoples throats who don't really like YOUR colour choice. Trust me I know a transparent pyra wouldn't be everybodys cup of tea but it would be a cool option in a small batch amount.

The keyboard backlights and the status leds would turn the device into a glowing piece of awesomeness

if the case would be transparent and you could see whats wrong with the hardware if something is broken, maybe I'd go for this.

Transparent case is probably not an option if a carbon fibre reinforced material is used. Or maybe you could use the same molds also for transparent plastic, but then the case would be less strong.

Anyway, for me, the strength of the case is the absolute top priority -- the looks are not nearly as important.

I'm not a fan of transparent cases, to much nudity! :D
Reason why I said it have it be a side thing for those who really want it. I wouldn't mind paying an a bit extra for a transparent case.

Transparent case is probably not an option if a carbon fibre reinforced material is used. Or maybe you could use the same molds also for transparent plastic, but then the case would be less strong.

Anyway, for me, the strength of the case is the absolute top priority -- the looks are not nearly as important.
I've never had a transparent vintage gameboy break on me. Those things cases were strong.. Very freaking strong. It was oddly the grey cases that were brittle and crumbled once you took them apart. the coloured Variations didn't break at all. Even the purple transuclent GBC is a prime example of good strength. I've case modded 3 of them and swapped out the tops and bottoms and I've dropped them more times then I'd like to admit, and all of these are used exampels too. So who knows what they went through in the hands of the prior owners. If you got the right type of plastic it will withstand quite a bit.

Do people actually make multiple choices in multichoice polls?

I'm amazed that only 75% of voters would be happy with a black/grey/white case.

Back