Release Mupen64Plus 2.2

Hi all, 

@ ptitSeb: I'm sorry to report your new PND doesn't work better than the older one: trying to edit the controls configuration results in an empty file which can't be saved. Also, InputAutoCfg.ini is not in appdata/mupen64plus2

Cheers, Magic Sam

Controls are now working.

Still doesn't save custom config for a rom or the last selection.

Controls are now working.

Still doesn't save custom config for a rom or the last selection.
Can you do a "ls -l" in appdata/mupen64plus2 so I can check the permissions of everything, I don't see the same behavour on mine (even if I think the "remember last pos" is a bit bugged, it should not prevent it to works)

Nevermind my Paper Mario crash, ptitSeb. Turned out to be a corrupt/bad dump. Tried out a new copy and got into the Goomba Bros battle just fine. I know what I'm going to be playing for a while. Sorry for the false alarm.

Thank you for even more goodness :) And even though I have nothing to contribute, I very much like to read these release-test-rerelease-threads. The whole thing with someone releasing something, and the rest going "Ok, I'll test it on my configuration! Look, I found an edge case here! Have you thought of this?" and the whole back-and-forth of fixes and testing and so on is a very heartwarming thing in itself. Most un-internetlike :)

A somewhat remoter question: Is there a good procedure for finding the proper combinations of plugins for a particular title? I mean, there are 4 or 5 video plugins, 3 rsp(?) plugins and some different ones for sound and input. Also, this interacts (if I understand correctly) with cpu speed, and possibly graphics driver as well. What is the preferred place to start? I do have, these days, a 1Ghz model. What settings do you usually start out from? And what parameters do you vary when you want better speed? When you want to get rid of artifacts?

Thank you for even more goodness :) And even though I have nothing to contribute, I very much like to read these release-test-rerelease-threads. The whole thing with someone releasing something, and the rest going "Ok, I'll test it on my configuration! Look, I found an edge case here! Have you thought of this?" and the whole back-and-forth of fixes and testing and so on is a very heartwarming thing in itself. Most un-internetlike :)

A somewhat remoter question: Is there a good procedure for finding the proper combinations of plugins for a particular title? I mean, there are 4 or 5 video plugins, 3 rsp(?) plugins and some different ones for sound and input. Also, this interacts (if I understand correctly) with cpu speed, and possibly graphics driver as well. What is the preferred place to start? I do have, these days, a 1Ghz model. What settings do you usually start out from? And what parameters do you vary when you want better speed? When you want to get rid of artifacts?
The testing is mostly by trial & error.

But here, it's a bit simpler, as only Video plugin is required to test. For rsp, use standard HLE, for Input standard SDL and for sound standard Notaz (unless you want to experiment).

But video, yes, there are many difference.

For CC, it's better to stick to GLES2N64, configured with Framebuffer @400x240 and frameskip

For Gigahertz, you have to try. GLES2N64 will of course works, but if you want try better visual, or try HiRes Texture pack (yes, they do works), then you have to try Glide and both Rice...

Hello,

I tried to play Zelda - OoT and it looks pretty with Rices new 16x9 plugin but lacks visible water surfaces in the swimming areas, what can I do?

Last edited by a moderator:
Try a different plugin?

Edit: Though I suppose you lose widescreen in many of those cases. I don't know any other solution though - maybe fiddle with the plugin's config?

It may have been asked a thousand times (including by me), but how to use HiRes Texture pack ?

Is there a way to make all games display in 4:3?
Should render that way by default.. widescreen hack or stretching to fill the screen works via config file changes.

Back