Mupen64Plus Compatibility List

jumpman said:
Just tried it twice, and it crashed my Pandora both times. Had to do a hard reset. I guess this games gives the Pandora trouble also. ;) I could have a bad rom, but I doubt it.

Chris

Sad... That was one I was looking forward to trying. :\ I guess the fact that it just crashes altogether could be encouraging (at least it doesn't run, but run at 1/4 fps). :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@RubiX

Just tried it and sorry to bear bad news but it crashed out to minimenu after very fast logo screens. It was a z64 format rom and possibly a bad one though.

Wolenber said:
Sorry to revive the dead-thread, but can I make a request somebody tries Star Wars: Rogue Squadron? This game has always given me trouble on emulators, and if it works I think I'll shed tears of joy.

Just in case you were a fan of the other N64 Star Wars games, I tested out Shadow of the Empire, and that ran until I got to the start screen, at which point it submitted a SIGSEGV error.

-God Ginrai

gibberish said:
new version in the appstore.
hopefully i'll have time to re-test some games tomorrow.

http://apps.open-pandora.org/cgi-bin/download.pl?mupen64plus-r1.pnd

Make sure to clear out the configs from the previous version, every game I tried with the latest version gave no video just a black screen untill I read the beta testing thread and found this tip. Everything worked after that (and definately better than before).

A couple more for the list.

Title: Banjo Kazooie
Region: ?
Format: v64
Emulator Version: r1b2
CPU Speed: 800mhz
Comments: Frame skip=2 It plays pretty well. Saves work.

Title: Banjo Tooie
Comments: Takes an age to load. Slow as hell intro with music sometimes upto speed. Black screen thereafter.

Title: AeroGauge
Format: z64
Comments: Rendering is wrong on landscapes and ships are invisible, only the thrusters wake is visable. All menus work fine. Moves at a good pace and controls work fine. If rendering was sorted it would be playable.

Title: Aidyn Chronicles – The first Mage
Comments: Reaches the main screen but freezes Mupen64plus. No controls work whilst 'PressStart' still flashes.

Title: Airboarder64
Region: E
Comments: Runs a little slow and choppy but playable.

Title: All Star Tennis '99
Region: U
Emulator Version:
Comments: Initial UBIsoft logo screen is garbled at the bottom. All menus good. Good sound and playable speed in game.

Title: Armorines – Project S.W.A.R.M
Comments: Takes a little while to start up. Logo screens and demo runs fine with slowdown. Some rendering issues. Some slow down on explosions. In game menus work but 'Situation Update' intro text is very slow, with very choppy sound. In game the movement rate is good but audio chop is terrible.

Title: Army Men – Air Combat
Comments: Menus fine but sound is slow. In game HUD displays but everything is black, with very choppy sound. Not playable

Title: Army Men – Sarges Heroes 1 & 2
Comments: Menus fine but sound is slow. In game is slow but playable.

Title: Asteroids Hyper 64
Comments: Works fine. Playable.

Title: Automobil Lamborghini
Comments: Sound is choppy but game speed is good. L stick is very twitchy, so choose semi analog mode in controller options or adjust in config. Very playable muted.

Title: Bass Hunter
Comments: Music and menus are playing but screen is black.

Title: Bassmasters 2000
Format: n64
Comments: Sound Stutters and is truly awful anyway. Angler has to be seen to be believed. All underwater scenes are rendered with all objects & fish in black only. Lures are black only aswell. Music kicks in on hooking a fish and I had a mighty 3 minute battle with an 11oz Bluegill, that was black. Truly Duelling Banjo's.

Title: Batman Beyond : Return of the Joker
Comments: Menu's and Demo good. Minor audio chop and slight slow down. Otherwise good. Playable or Works well.

Title: BattleTanx & BattleTanx- The Global Assault
Comments: Black screen freeze up, requires reset of Pandora.

Title: Battlezone – Rise of the Black Dogs
Comments: Crashes in the menus. Reset required.

Title: Beetle Adventure Racing
Comments: Crashes during slow intro video.

Title: Big Mountain 2000
Comments: Slowdown issues and choppy music but the game speed is sufficient to be playable.

Title: BIO Freaks
Comments: intro and menu text is incorrectly displayed but speech is fine. Demo and ingame sound is choppy and characters are absent. Under R1 of Mupen, the characters were rendered and play was possible at a slow speed.

Title: Blues Brothers 2000
Comments: Choppy and lagged audio. Probably <5 fps.

Title: Body Harvest
Comments: Slow, crackly audio on intro. Demo is black screened. Menu sounds good but music choppy. In game too slow to play but it does run.

Title: Bomberman64
Comments: Blackscreens on launch.

Title: Bomberman64- The Second Attack
Comments: Intro screens and demo fine. Occasional stutter/chop. Music good. Demo runs a little slow. Menus fine. In game music is a little slow but very playable.

Title: Bomberman Hero!
Comments: No logo screens or menus are rendered, just black or white screens whilst music is playing. Planet screen is shown and first level intro. In game is then perfectly playable. Saves work.

Title: Bottom of the Ninth
Comments: Takes an age to load. Some choppy sounds & no intro screens, then perfect menu screens and a playable game of baseball appear.

Title: Brunswick Circuit Pro Bowling
Comments: All intro screens fine. Some rendering errors on demo. Menu is translucent and impossible to tell whats what. Unplayable as a result.

Title: Buck Bumble
Comments: Loading screens good. Main screen has a line of tearing above title. Slight stutter on song. Menus fine. In game fine.

Title: A Bugs Life
Comments: Some slight errors on loading screens. In game is playable at good speed.

Title: Carmageddon 64
Comments: Menus fine but in game gfx are totally messed up.

Title: Duke Nukem Zero Hour
Comments: Near perfect. Only a few sound glitches in game, good speed. All Hail!

I've tried to stick to the format and make sure the Status fields are appropriate.

Np Giberrish. Hope they were alright like that.

Here's a few more....

Title: Bust a Move 99
Comments: Almost perfect, just a tiny bit slow in game with slight audio stutter.

Title: Bust a Move 2 – Arcade Edition
Comments: Acclaim Inc Presents B-A-M 2 slowly fades in, then each screen after an age appears. Sound is bad. Then the character smoothly wanders along and the demo's run very well with good sound and speed. Menu is ok, some sound stutter. In game is fast but the arrow for the balls direction is missing so its guesswork.

Title: Bust-a-move 3 DX
Comments: Plays faster than no 1. Very Playable, with better sound.

Title: California Speed
Comments: 1st logo screen txt at base is corrupted. Sound is a little slow and slight crackle. Game speed in demos is good with sound stutters. Some menu txt corruption but useable. In game speed and control is good. Occasional tearing. Pretty awful sound though.

Title: Castlevania
Comments: Note creation works. Game intro video is smooth gfx with sound stutter. Start Screen Violin music and animation is perfect. Goes to black screen thereafter :( Requires a reset of Pandora to exit.

Title: Castlevania – Legacy of Darkness
Comments: All intro credits etc are good but some audio crackle and stutter from the Altar sequence to the start of the Cornell text where speech is clear. Demo runs fine if a little slow. Menus good, sound stutter only. Boat intro smooth and in game speed is good. Very playable.

Title: The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time
Region: NTSC
Emulator Version: r1 beta 2 (with notaz' sound-plugin)
CPU Speed: 880 (850 is fine already)
Comments: Good fun already at this state. Sound is quite stable. Sometimes the sound gets messed up. Enter inventory and leave again - sound should be fine again. The PAL version doesn't seem to have this problem. But it's not as fun as this NTSC version.
Use "frameskip 2" (which in fact is really frameskip 1 since "frameskip 1" equals "no frameskip" in this emu)

Title: The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest
CPU Speed: 880
Comments: Good fun already at this state. Sound is quite stable. Sometimes the sound gets messed up. Enter inventory and leave again - sound should be fine again. The PAL version doesn't seem to have this problem. But it's not as fun as this NTSC version.
Use "frameskip 2" (which in fact is really frameskip 1 since "frameskip 1" equals "no frameskip" in this emu)

Title: The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time
Region: PAL
Comments: Not as fun as the NTSC-version because in comparison to that Link seems to move in slow-motion.

Title: The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest
Comments: Not as fun as the NTSC-version because in comparison to that Link seems to move in slow-motion.

Btw., I didn't really notice any difference between 880 and 850Mhz.

Title: Rayman 2 - The Great Escape
Emulator Version: mupen64plus-r1b3-fixed-snd (with notaz' sound-plugin)
CPU Speed: 768
Comments: Cutscenes are very slow. Game is low framerate but seems to work alright. I did not see any rendering bugs.

Title: Mario Kart 64
Comments: Has a freeze every second or so. Unplayable for me but technically it works.

Title: Forsaken 64
Comments: Cutscenes are very slow. Gameplay seems fullspeed to me.

Anybody gives conkers bad fur day-007 goldeneye-excitebike 64-mario golf-mario tennis a shot?

Thanks!

JeFF

According to the list on page 1, Conkers is a no go with earlier versions of Mupen. Goldeneye works in NTSC n64 format and the other 3 have yet to be added. If no one has tested them already, I will do so when I get my Panda back. You may wish to check the Mupen threads in beta testing, as some games have been listed there first, which havent made entry to the list from this thread yet I beleive.

I really want to play Conker so I tried it the other day with no luck. Don't remember what exactly was wrong but I could not play it for sure.

I don't see "Hey You! Pickachu" anywhere on there. I like that game, and since the pandora has a microphone...

Title: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six
Comments: Loaded fine but in-game I get stuck while walking forward. If I turn around and walk backward everything is fine. Seems to work pretty apart from that. Marked playable as it kinda is.

Title: S.C.A.R.S.
Comments: Menu is fine but then it hangs on the "insert rumble pak now" image, it seems to run further in the background though. The next game I load briefly shows the last image (framebuffer) with that rumble pak message.

Title: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater
Comments: Severe texture rendering errors for anything 3D (green & blue mess). mupen64plus rescanned my ROMs next load after I killed this game.

Title: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2
Comments: Severe texture rendering errors for anything 3D (green & blue mess).

Title: Star Wars - Rogue Squadron
Comments: Black screen with two small light lines.

Title: Star Wars - Shadows of the Empire
Comments: 2 loading screens, then a SIGSERV error from the kernel.

Title: Star Wars Episode I - Battle for Naboo
Comments: Black screen, had to reset the Pandora.

Correct my if I'm wrong, but isnt Project64 supposed to work better than Mupen64? I tried both emulators and Project64 is much better.

Back