Mupen64Plus Video

Adventus

GP Mania
Hello,

I've made a new video of the most recent sources for Mupen64plus and gles2n64. It shows Banjo Kazooie rendered at 400x320 (then upscaled fullscreen) with no frameskip or sound. Its an amazing looking game, my camera doesn't really do it justice. There's a minor bug with the tree rendering in the intro. Its about 17 - 20 fps in game, but it looks pretty fast.... Once the 400x240 framebuffer mode is made available we can get another ~10% since I don't have to render to an FBO then to the backbuffer. It seems some games are GPU bottlenecked after all, at 800x480 banjo kazooie is about 10 fps.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bQL8hx77bg[/youtube]

I'll post it here so the beta testing topic doesn't get polluted.

ZodTTD did a video of Mario Kart, Mario 64, Super Smash Bros, and Ocarina of Time. Not on a Pandora though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHg5gTxA_fc

borgqueenx said:
nice video :) but i think alot of speed is also put in the resolution thats downgraded from 800*480 to 400*240. half the resolution. Right?
A quarter actually. ;) As Adventus says in the first post, right now it's running at 400x320 and upscaled to fit the screen. Once he enables 400x240 mode, there should be a performance increase. But 800x480 will be a problem for some games it seems. Which is fine - I think any game (emulated or native) is still going to look pretty sweet on that screen running in 400x240.

Last edited by a moderator:
banjo kazooie is one of the best games for the n64 - so to get it running already is great news (especially when it was said that none of the banjo games were working previously). :)

What's the native resolution of these games? Are we down-sampling to 400x240 / 400x320 etc?

Banjo Kazooie was one of the best N64 games ever. Mario 64 was great, but this game was AWESOME. This is Rare at it's best. Taking a great Nintendo game, and improving it in everyway possible. Better graphics, gameplay, sound, controls, just a true masterpiece! Vid looks great. I'm sure with so many great minds working on it, N64 emulation will reach a very playable level over time. Another great reason to own a Pandora!

Jumpman

kmob said:
What's the native resolution of these games? Are we down-sampling to 400x240 / 400x320 etc?

No, it was usually 256 × 224 or 320 × 240, it did support 640*480 but I doubt it was used often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are games like GoldenEye and StarFox far more taxing and not likely to work yet, or have they just not been tried? (I have no idea of the requirements on the hardware for games like Banjo/Mario compared to ones like GoldenEye).

It's really awesome to see this emu progressing.

Is sound just deactivate for performance or not yet implemented?

Back