Mupen64Plus

argor said:
there is a new version of Mupen64Plus out http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?t=50098 it is the first beta (christened 1.99.1) of the forthcoming and long-awaited Mupen64Plus 2.0.
overall this version is more portable than the previous version
# Modular architecture: instead of monolithic Mupen64Plus releases, the core, front-end, and all plugins will be released separately in the future
# Simplified, more portable emulator Core
# Removed GUI code from plugins, making them simpler and more portable

They've fixed some bugs in Rice Video as well which stopped some games working, so good news all round. Hopefully not too much hassle for the devs here to align their code to the new version, although I suspect there is not much point at this stage, at least until either Pandora's ship (in 2 months) as the code will continue to change...

Last edited by a moderator:
http://bunnitude.com/ari64/mupen64plus-arm-20091217.tar.gz

Fixed crashes:

Make sure the CPU cache is cleared for the very last block.

When freeing memory, remove all pointers to a block even when it crosses a 2MB segment.

Don't let large blocks overflow the 4096-instruction decode buffer.

Hi Ari64,
I was just popping in to ask how your work went (if you have started) with you little "cheat" you mentioned in a post on an older thread.
As far as I can tell, the TLB fix Strmnrmn suggested is still not getting GE much further into it (just after the into to DAM level).

[blog='Strmnnrmn GoldenEye']http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/search/label/goldeneye[/blog]

[post='http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=50257']Post you mentioned Idea in[/post]

kingoddball said:
Hi Ari64,
I was just popping in to ask how your work went (if you have started) with you little "cheat" you mentioned in a post on an older thread.
As far as I can tell, the TLB fix Strmnrmn suggested is still not getting GE much further into it (just after the into to DAM level).

[blog='Strmnnrmn GoldenEye']http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/search/label/goldeneye[/blog]

Post you mentioned Idea in
Actually mupen64plus already has this hack (look in memory/tlb.c). I assume it would work if I put the same hack into the dynamic recompiler. The bigger issue is handling pagefaults properly (see this thread).

Laurent said:
So I decided to give Mupen64Plus a try. What's the correct way to make it cross-compile to ARM from an x86 OS?
Hmm... I haven't tried that. You'll have to edit the makefile and define CPU=ARM in pre.mk

Hello everyone, I was wondering if U guys could make a list of games that just wont be able to run Mupen64Plus, and what games will run perfectly so to say, thank you for your time and goodluck with the project ^___^ Ari64 ur my hero O___O

Dannyxzero said:
Hello everyone, I was wondering if U guys could make a list of games that just wont be able to run Mupen64Plus, and what games will run perfectly so to say, thank you for your time and goodluck with the project ^___^ Ari64 ur my hero O___O
Hi Danny. :) You won't have any luck with your request in here. This is the beta testing forum, so we try to keep it clear of general chat / requests. That way the developers don't have to wade through non-dev talk. The Pandora General subforum is where you want to post - the most recent thread is here, but I would advise against bumping it with your question because there isn't a detailed list yet.

We know of a few yesses and nos. Mario64, Star Fox, Wave Race and some others are known to run well. Games not working yet include Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and no doubt many more. AFAIK they have been working on some game by game compatibility issues, but I don't think they'll want to be downloading the entire N64 library. Once people can run this on their own Pandoras, you can bet a comprehensive compatibility list will be put together on the wiki.

PunchOut said:
Hi Ari64, do you think that fullspeed emulation will be possible on iPhone 3GS ?

yes, it's possible (not for all games though). That doesn't mean it's going to happen soon - for more in-depth discussion, you're probably better off at www.zodttd.com , since this thread should be aimed at the Pandora version ;) AFAIK Ari64 doesn't (directly) develop for the iPhone 3GS, it's just zodttd (and team, if there is any).

http://bunnitude.com/ari64/mupen64plus-arm-20100212.tar.gz

Changes since -20091217:

Full TLB emulation + Goldeneye hack

Instruction scheduling changes to avoid load-use and address generation interlock

Better handling of branches into delay slots of other branches

Limit recursion in liveness analysis when evaluating nested loops (was taking too much time)

Don't speculatively precompile code if invalid instructions are encountered

Ari!

Obvious question: does that mean you have got Goldeneye running? Please?

Also, is it running correctly (speed not in question)?
I know that I have had problems whilst testing on (PC/MAC) Mupen of DAM level having no sky and haze/shadowing when looking at the sky and also some freeze when FMV (or cut scene) pans over to the DAM.

I used to test the PSP daedalus betas sometimes which had similar issues (when it booted).
I understand that you cannot compare a Panodra/Beagle to a PSP..

Edit: There is a link in the General section for this already. Please don't flood this thread with the excitement :D

GoldeneEye Thread: REJOYCE N64 Goldeneye! THANK YOU ARI64!

kingoddball said:
There are some issues, but it does run.

The set of changes needed to make virtual memory and pagefaults work was pretty large. There are still some problems with the code cache getting invalidated too frequently when virtual memory is used, but the compatibility looks pretty good so far. Hopefully some of the people who have received their Pandoras can give feedback on what's working, and what isn't.

Ari64 said:
kingoddball said:

The set of changes needed to make virtual memory and pagefaults work was pretty large. There are still some problems with the code cache getting invalidated too frequently when virtual memory is used, but the compatibility looks pretty good so far. Hopefully some of the people who have received their Pandoras can give feedback on what's working, and what isn't.

Yeah im almost there, im trying to get the gtk gui built this time, should work just have a minor lib depend problem.
Problem solved.

Update: Ive been able to run goldeneye through the demo, the ingame demo was slow and the graphics blurred at points. I ran without sound.
Also the gtk gui works.
Super mario speed seems about the same.
Have not overclocked.
Input isnt working, think i need the latest plugin from Fox

Ari64 said:
kingoddball said:

I have my pre release Pandora now. I am not a coder but I did the case so that is why I have one. My question is there a version that can be just copied to the SD card and run directly? Since I don't have linux capability on my PC and I an not too familiar with it, it would be nice to still have a way to test things.

Can that be done for a non linux user?

You can run it from the terminal dave, I *think* if you watch my video you can see what to type.

What you could do would be to type that in to a text file (save as unix) and run it from the terminal on the pandora.

You can set the CPU speed, frameskip, resolution etc. from the config file.

It's pretty easy to run, performance is quite random, games you expect to be slow can be fast and vice versa.

Back