Mupen64Plus

fusion_power said:
borgqueenx said:
Zodttd is working on a iphone n64 emulator. Maby he can also help you guys? :)
Zodttd is still mad about the iPhone? Wow, I hope he will instantly switch to the Pandora when he get one. Who actualy wants an iPhone... :D
Zodttd got a pandora devboard already.
And iphone rocks, i own one:)

thanks for the clearing up gruso.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya see, the iPhone is the best smartphone. When you use an iPhone, you should say to yourself, "This is very nice, but it doesn't do multitasking, etc, etc, etc" So in essence, when you hear that the iPhone is the best smartphone, they are right. But it's like all smart phones are shit. And of all the shit's, the iPhone is the best shit there is currently.

It's like picking the less sucky one.

Phawx said:
Ya see, the iPhone is the best smartphone. When you use an iPhone, you should say to yourself, "This is very nice, but it doesn't do multitasking, etc, etc, etc" So in essence, when you hear that the iPhone is the best smartphone, they are right. But it's like all smart phones are shit. And of all the shit's, the iPhone is the best shit there is currently.

It's like picking the less sucky one.
dont bring this discussion to this thread, you are making me respond to it.
The iphone CAN do multitasking. Just jailbreak the thing. works great with backgrounder and kirikae installed.
the iphone aint shit.

Yeah, only talk about N64 emulation please, I really liked looking at this thread and the progress being made until recently. :(

I was wondering if someone could make a video of some games running on the pandora such as Zelda, I know there are some videos of Mario 64 and Mario Kart but those didn't seem "full speed." Just a quick video of some games using the newest version of Mupen64Plus. Please :)

frostedfires said:
I was wondering if someone could make a video of some games running on the pandora such as Zelda, I know there are some videos of Mario 64 and Mario Kart but those didn't seem "full speed." Just a quick video of some games using the newest version of Mupen64Plus. Please :)

You can't just expect that once people get the video plugin working that the emulator is running at full speed. If they do make a video, that'll be nice, but don't get your hopes up expecting to see full speed yet.

-God Ginrai

Will the emulator play pokemon snap? lol i know ur prob like umm idk check when the pandoras come out but im only asking cause on project64 the camera on pokemon snap didnt work correctly and the pictures u take come out messed up. sry for the dumb question :)

We're not likely to see any more developers in this thread. All the off topic crap and video requests made it too difficult for them to share information here, so they've taken their talk elsewhere (email/irc/whatever).

All we can do now is have some patience and let them release information at their own pace. :) Hopefully it won't be long before we all have Pandoras in our hands, and if we're very lucky a beta release of the emu. Then we can find all this stuff out for ourselves!

Thread = dead.

frostedfires said:
Will the emulator play pokemon snap? lol i know ur prob like umm idk check when the pandoras come out but im only asking cause on project64 the camera on pokemon snap didnt work correctly and the pictures u take come out messed up. sry for the dumb question :)

This isn't a cell phone you're texting to, it's a message board and we speak in full words. Not sure if you noticed that.

Yeah, being N64 it was probably inevitable :) I'm actually guilty of posting a dumb picture in this thread, not to mention linking to it from the blog twice, which didn't help. Just thought I'd point out to frostedfires and any other newcomers that it's no longer the place to post.

Thats possibly the worst excuse ever..

But its not that bad anyway. It just sucks to see this topic ruined.

I was going to record some zelda gameplay but my current angstrom (everything which follows happens on the beagleboard) didn't have a new enough libstdc++, I tried upgrading the kernel and found out that the old SGX modules don't work with it anymore so I wanted to bitbake a new one and that doesn't accept the old SGX SDK neither. Now I'm left alone with a non-working libstdc++ which gives tons of errors while booting and once I'm logged in my SGX modules strike with no way to run this emulator at all (or Pandora-PSP, my other projct for that matter).
I requested my new SDK from TI now but last time it took weeks for them to accept my process even tho I was told it only takes a few hours. - So no more updates by me for now (Pandora-PSP could only work on beagleboard at the moment as the recompiler has priority and mupen64lpus doesn't work at all because of libstdc++ issues and the failing SGX modules) :(

It would be great to have a dev-area where normal users only have read-access and only selected devs and constructive community members get write-privileges. Sad this is just a dream with the lack of admins and mods in this forum.

JayFoxRox said:
Thats possibly the worst excuse ever..

But its not that bad anyway. It just sucks to see this topic ruined.

I was going to record some zelda gameplay but my current angstrom (everything which follows happens on the beagleboard) didn't have a new enough libstdc++, I tried upgrading the kernel and found out that the old SGX modules don't work with it anymore so I wanted to bitbake a new one and that doesn't accept the old SGX SDK neither. Now I'm left alone with a non-working libstdc++ which gives tons of errors while booting and once I'm logged in my SGX modules strike with no way to run this emulator at all (or Pandora-PSP, my other projct for that matter).
I requested my new SDK from TI now but last time it took weeks for them to accept my process even tho I was told it only takes a few hours. - So no more updates by me for now (Pandora-PSP could only work on beagleboard at the moment as the recompiler has priority and mupen64lpus doesn't work at all because of libstdc++ issues and the failing SGX modules) :(
This thread does seem to attract a lot of off-topic posts.

I sent my beagleboard in for repair, since the USB kept failing. They replaced one of the capacitors, and I just got it back. I noticed that some new SGX packages were added to angstrom recently, and I was going to try those, but maybe I should hold off updating my angstrom for now. What version of libstdc++ is broken? I have 4.3.3-r5.1.3 installed.

I'm not sure, I'm using "gcc version 4.3.3 (Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q1-203)" and my bitbake is from 24th sept. 2009. The SGX SDK I used before is: OMAP35x_Graphics_SDK_setuplinux_3_00_00_06.
It worked fine until now.

Then I wanted to try to record a video of zelda and re-compiled the latest version of gles2n64 from svn. Whenever the emulator started it gave me the following:

"/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3' not found"

I looked for a fix and found: http://www.codesourcery.com/archives/arm-gnu/msg02933.html
Well thats not the information I needed. I tried "opkg update", "opkg install libstdc++" anyway and it upgraded. I rebooted the beagleboard and the kernel reported lots of problems, so I decided to do a full system upgrade using "opkg update", "opkg upgrade". Ofcourse my SGX modules weren't made for the new kernel and the driver complained about ~"_struct_module" (or something similar) not being correct. Since then the SGX didn't work anymore, and to my surprise running lots of my applications gave segfaults or directly complained about the same as gles2n64.
I tried to bitbake a new image which removed my old cache which had a working image in it. The new bitbake will fail to use the SGX SDK OMAP35x_Graphics_SDK_setuplinux_3_00_00_06 and therefore I'm stuck as I don't have download access to OMAP35x_Graphics_SDK_setuplinux_3_00_00_09 yet.

Ari64, would you be so nice and use a central place to upload updates to your port by the way? I'm still having problems finding your updates as there were so many messages that are completly offtopic (Or simply set up a eyecatching avatar or signature ;) )

JayFoxRox said:
I'm not sure, I'm using "gcc version 4.3.3 (Sourcery G++ Lite 2009q1-203)" and my bitbake is from 24th sept. 2009. The SGX SDK I used before is: OMAP35x_Graphics_SDK_setuplinux_3_00_00_06.
It worked fine until now.

Then I wanted to try to record a video of zelda and re-compiled the latest version of gles2n64 from svn. Whenever the emulator started it gave me the following:checkout

"/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_ARM_1.3.3' not found"

I looked for a fix and found: http://www.codesourcery.com/archives/arm-gnu/msg02933.html
Well thats not the information I needed. I tried "opkg update", "opkg install libstdc++" anyway and it upgraded. I rebooted the beagleboard and the kernel reported lots of problems, so I decided to do a full system upgrade using "opkg update", "opkg upgrade". Ofcourse my SGX modules weren't made for the new kernel and the driver complained about ~"_struct_module" (or something similar) not being correct. Since then the SGX didn't work anymore, and to my surprise running lots of my applications gave segfaults or directly complained about the same as gles2n64.
I tried to bitbake a new image which removed my old cache which had a working image in it. The new bitbake will fail to use the SGX SDK OMAP35x_Graphics_SDK_setuplinux_3_00_00_06 and therefore I'm stuck as I don't have download access to OMAP35x_Graphics_SDK_setuplinux_3_00_00_09 yet.
I installed from the Angstrom demo image and then did opkg update; opkg upgrade. If you're building from source, presumably you could checkout an older version of the recipies from git and build that. My gcc 4.3.3 is from August. What kernel are you using?

JayFoxRox said:
Ari64, would you be so nice and use a central place to upload updates to your port by the way? I'm still having problems finding your updates as there were so many messages that are completly offtopic (Or simply set up a eyecatching avatar or signature ;) )
You didn't miss anything, I haven't posted any updates recently. I have some patches that I am working on, but need to debug some more.

Just a quick post guys to let you know that i'll keep this thread cleaned up from this point onwards. ANY non-dev posts will have to be removed so we can keep this a dev only area - Any general questions should be kept in the general section, especially since the likes of Ari64, Exophase and JayFoxRox are often there anyway :)

Once the emu has been made public for testing, that will be the right time to post here with feedback.

Hope this doesn't come across as too heavy handed, but it's all for the greater good ;)

Well, this is the beta testing section. I wouldn't mind so much if the people posting here had actually tested the beta.

Back