Music In Background

k0in

Still Fresh
I really don't understand FAQ on gp2x.com

Regarding music in background, it cannot play it!

Isn't that very strange? Device has 2 processors, and some AC97 based audio chip,
according Basic Faq, it runs Linux (any problems with multitasking?), and cannot play music in backgrund?

Could somebody tell me, it's not true.

PS. Sorry for my english

Last edited by a moderator:
k0in posted on Oct 31 2005 at 03:43 PM said:
I really don't understand FAQ on gp2x.com

Regarding music in background, it cannot play it!

Isn't that very strange? Device has 2 processors, and some AC97 based audio chip,
according Basic Faq, it runs Linux (any problems with multitasking?), and cannot play music in backgrund?

Could somebody tell me, it's not true.

PS. Sorry for my english

Hardware wise its definatly possible, the problem is that even though the GP2X uses the Linux Kernel the software and interface for it have been designed by GPH(GamePark Holdings). So when they say multitasking isnt possible what they mean is its not possible because of the way the software is designed.

What will probably happen is that emulators and homebrew will be coded with their own mp3/mediaplayers so that background music can be added. Another possibility is a firmware update that alters the current software that coms with the GP2X.

Hope this helps :)

The launcher does not allow for multitasking, however as on GP32 i am sure that there will be homebrew launchers available that will allow us to get around this.

They were talking strictly about the main interface, which is monotasking. As in, you won't be able to play mp3 while reading an e-book, since these are two separate functions of the interface.

You will be able to have games that play music during gameplay.

bhxob posted on Oct 31 2005 at 03:58 PM said:
They were talking strictly about the main interface, which is monotasking. As in, you won't be able to play mp3 while reading an e-book, since these are two separate functions of the interface.

You will be able to have games that play music during gameplay.

yeah i think thats what the origional poster wanted to know

Back