Music Makers - Share Your Music!

So here is this thread t4b mentioned.

I'm a part of all those recordings (hurdy-gurdy and frame drums):

http://archive.folx.org/search/node/FolkStammTisch%20Berlin%20type%3Asound%2Cexternal_video

It's just a (folk-)session, so without any plan or playlist, people just play what they want and others may join in or dance.

The next one is in a week.
I find it quite amusing that you are play a couple of very swedish polskas :) I like.

Although on that website, two of them are wrongly tagged. There is a big difference between "Polska" and "Polka" :D

So here is this thread t4b mentioned.

I'm a part of all those recordings (hurdy-gurdy and frame drums):

http://archive.folx.org/search/node/FolkStammTisch%20Berlin%20type%3Asound%2Cexternal_video

It's just a (folk-)session, so without any plan or playlist, people just play what they want and others may join in or dance.

The next one is in a week.
I find it quite amusing that you are play a couple of very swedish polskas :) I like.

Although on that website, two of them are wrongly tagged. There is a big difference between "Polska" and "Polka" :D
Yes, the "session chief" is a big fan of those and Swedish polskas are very common in middle European folk circles atm.

He speaks a bit Swedish too and one of the girls has moved to Sweden in September permanently.

I usually prefer French stuff, but some are very nice. We have two nyckelharpa players once in a while and several säckpipas, the bagpipe maker in my town who is also a very good musician builds the best säckpipas I know of besides his unbeatable french bagpipes. High price tags though.

Which ones do you think are labeled wrong?

Afaik some are polkas and some are polskas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Artorias - Rough Demo

diamond in the rough... very relaxing. Good melody.
Agreed.  I like the drums.  Nice work, omega-weapon!
Wow, bit late to reply to these, but better late than never eh?

Thanks very much! The other band members are being useless at the moment and never have the money or time to hit the studio, so we've not done anything since.

I know the drums are simple, but it's not the sort of music where I can play technical beats and odd time signatures really, but thanks for liking them ible. :)

Hey everyone, I make electronic music (chiptune, house, ambient, dubstep, glitch hop).

This year I'm living at uni and I've got a bit of a bedroom studio thing going on, i.e. a laptop, some handhelds and a midi controller.

I'm trying to release a song every week, here's how it's going:

Venus

Mayfly

Starlight

Dancing Triangles (LSDJ cover)

Road 5000
Very good songs. B)

I like and downloaded Mayfly, Starlight and Venus.

Here's a nice Acid livejam I've recorded last weekend.

Please enjoy!
Verry spacey i like. Is that a remake of the TB-303 sitting to the right of the mixer? Or is that an original with different paint?

Disclaimer: My opinion. I am not a professional music critic.

Too much desert wind (both too surround and too loud). I liked the part where the wind became quiet. But at 1:57 it started, also with a jackhammer bass-drum sound, which spoiled my relaxed mood. (doesn't sound too bad the second time I listen to it, but still find it too prominent)

1:38 ugly break in the long note, spoils the bridge. I like the progression of. For example, how the hi-hat changes throughout the song.

Disclaimer: My opinion. I am not a professional music critic.

Too much desert wind (both too surround and too loud). I liked the part where the wind became quiet. But at 1:57 it started, also with a jackhammer bass-drum sound, which spoiled my relaxed mood. (doesn't sound too bad the second time I listen to it, but still find it too prominent)

1:38 ugly break in the long note, spoils the bridge. I like the progression of. For example, how the hi-hat changes throughout the song.

Now that's constructive criticism! thanks.

(EDIT: Implemented your suggestions lower wind sound, re-added long note, except i didn't know what jackhammer bass sound you mean.  http://picosong.com/bNz8/ ) - Cheers!

Verry spacey i like. Is that a remake of the TB-303 sitting to the right of the mixer? Or is that an original with different paint?

Thanks for listening & your feedback. :) You've got good eyes, the synth you've spotted is a Bass Bot TT-303, a TB-303 clone. Soundwise it's quite nice, but I still prefer the sound of my x0xb0xes.

(what jackhammer bass sound you mean.

I meant the bassdrum came back with a vengeance after the breakdown. Longer note starting the breakdown is great.

There are so many instruments I wish I could afford.

And a few years each for learning to properly play them, eventually teachers to shorten the time frame and a bloody lot of motivation and endurance. ;)

I'm playing the HG for 9 years now, it didn't sound so well after 2 and I wish people would appreciate handmade music more, since it's a lot of effort and really good instruments are bloody complicated to build - therefore often expensive, well not our drums since we need to keep the prices low for our many middle eastern customers, otherwise they couldn't afford them and we'd get nothing.

And a few years each for learning to properly play them, eventually teachers to shorten the time frame and a bloody lot of motivation and endurance. ;)

I'm playing the HG for 9 years now, it didn't sound so well after 2 and I wish people would appreciate handmade music more, since it's a lot of effort and really good instruments are bloody complicated to build - therefore often expensive, well not our drums since we need to keep the prices low for our many middle eastern customers, otherwise they couldn't afford them and we'd get nothing.

I have enjoyed more drone in recent years and hoped they wouldn't be too expensive when I got the bug after watching a video of Melissa the Loud, but when I looked them up I didn't find many, and those I saw were a bit pricey.  Even if I had one I doubt I would get enough time with it to sound that good after 9 years.  Just curious, do you guys make them?  I should probably just ask for a list of everything you make so I can find something else I want to play and can't afford.

There are some synths I want too, and price has been an issue there as well, even for the less expensive ones.  Drums, etc., are one area I don't have much interest in at present due to the ease with which I can improvise such things, and that solution often fits with my style better.  When I need something a bit more "traditional" I turn to one of my many electronic options (although I do get carried away and use some crazy sounds sometimes).

Back