Music Player

Hiya;

Am considering buying a Caanoo. Had a Wiz at one point; the bundled music player was terrible and I eventually installed ommpc2x.

Does the Caanoo come with the same music player as the Wiz, or something better? I see that ommpc2x has been ported for the Caanoo.

Thanks in advance.

Promised Planet said:
Am considering buying a Caanoo. Had a Wiz at one point; the bundled music player was terrible and I eventually installed ommpc2x.

Does the Caanoo come with the same music player as the Wiz, or something better? I see that ommpc2x has been ported for the Caanoo.

I ported ommpc2x for its background playing capabilities (so I can play my minesweeper while listening to music), yet I'm using the firmware installed music player most of the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
sebt3 said:
Promised Planet said:

I ported ommpc2x for its background playing capabilities (so I can play my minesweeper while listening to music), yet I'm using the firmware installed music player most of the time.

Why?

Promised Planet said:
My music library is mostly mp3, which the internal player support well.
Ommpc2x take sometime to boot while the internal player is integrated in the menu (so it startup immediatly)
The internal player have a better UI in my opinion.

in the end of the day, if I dont need background playing, the internal player is less annoying

GMU music player is desperately needing a Caanoo port: http://wejp.k.vu/projects/gmu :)

crow_riot said:
GMU music player is desperately needing a Caanoo port: http://wejp.k.vu/projects/gmu :)

Hmmm, agreed. Looks like a nice app. I might take a crack at it once I get my Caanoo (which I just ordered a few minutes ago :) ).

Back