Music

javaJake

Jacob Godserv
Website
myhumblecorner.wordpress.com
I'm on the hunt for good music that isn't too funky, electronic, or just plain homebrew-sounding. Don't just post links if you haven't actually listened to the music yourself. There are plenty of "free" music sites, but finding good, professional music is another matter altogether, and you can only know if they're good and professional if you've listened to it. :)

javaJake said:
I'm on the hunt for good music that isn't too funky, electronic, or just plain homebrew-sounding. Don't just post links if you haven't actually listened to the music yourself. There are plenty of "free" music sites, but finding good, professional music is another matter altogether, and you can only know if they're good and professional if you've listened to it. :)

i don't know if that could help you but we have created same topic on forum dev-fr.org : http://www.dev-fr.org/musiques/sites-des-musiciens/ of course is in french :p and i find this too : http://www.auboutdufil.com/index.php?id=227

you can select the style of music ...

Last edited by a moderator:
wait, why is this in the developers corner board? what style of music are you thinking of? would this be music for a game?
if so, i'd suggest taking a look at some tracker communities (such as the forums over on www.modplug.com , or www.modarchive.org ) there is a lot of tracked music out there in a variety of styles. browse through some songs, or post some screenshots and ideas, people might have music already that will work or even will write something specifically for it (myself included).
i can probably give you some suggestions if you are somewhat more specific on genre...

Snu said:
wait, why is this in the developers corner board? what style of music are you thinking of? would this be music for a game?
if so, i'd suggest taking a look at some tracker communities (such as the forums over on www.modplug.com , or www.modarchive.org ) there is a lot of tracked music out there in a variety of styles. browse through some songs, or post some screenshots and ideas, people might have music already that will work or even will write something specifically for it (myself included).
i can probably give you some suggestions if you are somewhat more specific on genre...

thanks for the links

For me is normal that is in developers corner board because to make a game we need gameplay (how to do, history ... ) , code (essential) , graphics, and music

sindbad said:
Try Magnatune.
Try the links in my post. ;)

Arialia said:
i don't know if that could help you but we have created same topic on forum dev-fr.org : http://www.dev-fr.org/musiques/sites-des-musiciens/ of course is in french :p and i find this too : http://www.auboutdufil.com/index.php?id=227

you can select the style of music ...

I've taken a quick look, and so far it's pretty good. Google Translate seems to handle French really well, so the language barrier isn't a problem.

Snu said:

Yes, it's for a game. I like to start the search for music and other things as I work on the game, since finding the right bits can be so difficult and time-consuming.

Once I have screenshots I'll see if the folks at one of the "mod" sites have any ideas as well.

Thanks everyone for the help! :)

Last.fm recently gave the blessing to listen to music for free. Maybe the authors would agree to you using the music for free.

Back