New puzzle game WIP demo - PixeLink

Hi :)

@iprice: here are some first impressions regarding your game:

* Your PND lacks an icon and is not in the right category IMO.

* Touchscreen sometimes get unresponsive (former version didn't suffer from that bug IIRC).

* After completing the first puzzle, nothing happened: puzzle status remained "unsolved", clicking on the discovered picture would erase it, no new puzzle proposed, just had to quit the game...

Apart from these little flaws, it's a great puzzle game and I'm really looking forward to play the next version :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

The puzzle status should read "Halloween 2014" at all times (as can be seen in the screenshot on the previous page) - have you got the latest version that allows you to move around the puzzle by clicking on the map?

The .PND has an icon for me - just the standard GLBasic one for now. Remember, it's a WIP.

The .PND .XML is borrowed from another of my apps, so may not be accurate. Remember, it's a WIP.

Lack of touch response. I've not noticed any lack of response from the touchscreen - there is generally no more or less going on at any one time whatever you are doing. When does this occur?

Are you sure you completed the puzzle correctly or is that a little Trick or Treat? ;)

There are likely to be bugs in this game as it was a WIP (one you didn't mention is that if you save your game then return to it the mini-map doesn't register your completed work (although the puzzle does). That's a genuine omission and will be recified. But...

As for next version - that's not going to happen I'm afraid. Interest in this game is virtually nil - just look at the download count on the last page. It took several hours to create just that one puzzle alone (then more to test it) - I don't have the time to do that for a large number of puzzles.

I really do appreciate your feedback and thank you so much for playing the game through and reporting back to me. As a developer feedback is of vital importance - positive and negative. So cheers magic_sam for taking the time to play and say :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoying this, it's quite nice and quite a challenge for me.

I'm playing on the Windows version as my Panda isn't around atm, and I've noticed that when clicking on the mini-map, the selection rectangle auto-aligns so that the mouse pointer is at the top left - it's unintuitive for a start, and also causes problems with moving the view to the top-left of the map; you can't, nine times out of ten.

I'd have thought that storing the initial point that was clicked and then moving the map by delta mouse values would make more sense, and make it easier to navigate around the map to boot.

D.

Back