Release Advent Calendar

thanks for that game, it was pretty good, trough I have to admit I'm only at 17 at the moment...

progress are rather slow here due to the fact that this game is really demanding on the eyes...

honestly, I've no idea what makes it that painful, I don't know if it's related to contrast, small size or anything else... it's a great game otherwise

I do sometimes miss the cells even after calibrating the touchscreen. Larger cells would probably help with that. Also highlighting all possible targets (same number and color) after hitting a cell might make it easier on the eyes.

@iprice: The filling patterns, is that an algorithm or do you make patterns manually? I really like the 5 wrapping around a 4, and 3 that can be corners, yet also straight lines, and the 9 that is a spiral... at a certain point I just feel the connection, and it fits. Very satisfying, in a zen kind of way.

I also stopped worrying about the timer. I just enjoyed it. So if possible, could you make the timer optional?

The timer is just there for you to see how long a level has taken. There are obviously no penalties and it's not important at all.

The actual puzzles are all created by me. Unfortunately I didn't have time to create an algo to do that (although truth be told, the amount of time it took to generate the puzzles I probably could have done it a few times over, but something like that needs a long period of continuous dev time - I could do a puzzle a day, a few minutes here and there).

I feel it's zen-like too when testing the puzzles. There's no way I can remember all the shapes of every piece in every puzzle, but most of the time they just flow and I can complete a puzzle quickly.

The advent calendar version was great (though it stole precious pandora time from c4a competition!). It's nice to know there will be a sequel  :)

There will be a new version, but it won't be a sequel. I've started preliminary work on getting images, but that's all for now. I hope to start working on it properly in the next week or so :)

Back