Release Advent Calendar

Sorry. The Pandora is more important to me than the pc, but I've had a couple of problems (latest updates of GLBasic causes crashes on Pandora, so I need to go back to an older version). A lack of time hasn't helped. Hopefully I'll sort it tonight.

:)

BTW rygD I did do a special puzzle, just for you...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry. The Pandora is more important to me than the pc, but I've had a couple of problems (latest updates of GLBasic causes crashes on Pandora, so I need to go back to an older version). A lack of time hasn't helped. Hopefully I'll sort it tonight.

:)

Ok, no issue! I know what lack of time means :(

Good to know Pandora is more important than PC ;)

Well, perhaps more "personal" to me than "important" is a better way of saying it. But yeah, seriously time has been tight.

Is this a standalone puzzle, or is it included in the calendar or something?

As for delays, take your time.  It just means we get to open a whole bunch at once.

Doesn't seem to work on my Rebirth Pandora. Black screen with some x-mass sounds. 

Any prerequisites I am missing? 

Firmware 1.62 

kernel 3.2.63

Interesting. Game works fine on my cc unit. Same firmware, same kernel (same sd card). 

Doesn't seem to work on my Rebirth Pandora. Black screen with some x-mass sounds. 

Any prerequisites I am missing? 

Firmware 1.62 

kernel 3.2.63
All I can suggest is downloading it again. Sorry. I have a stock CC unit running 1.60 and have no access to any other Pandora to test. Anyone else having issues?

work fine on my CC (1.62) and very nice puzzle game, the only thing needed is more tunes the only 3 or 4 tune are a little ...repetitive :)

Yeah. I'd have loved to have extra tunes in there, but I couldn't find a better or longer mix that was free and PD. I figured that mutiple short tunes is still better than one tune constantly repeating. I did try to get a different tune for each door, but listening to hundreds of mods (seriously!) that were mainly rubbish put me right off.

All I can suggest is downloading it again. Sorry. I have a stock CC unit running 1.60 and have no access to any other Pandora to test. Anyone else having issues?
No worries, it works on my cc too. Nice relaxing game.

rygD, your "special" version is attached below. :D
Just snagged it.  Thanks! :D

Edit:  When you complete a puzzle correctly does anything happen automagically, or do you need to do something to tell it to verify, or do you just get a pretty picture and when you close it you have to start over next time?  Even though I really didn't have time, I wanted to try the rygD special version out.  I am extremely exhausted, so I may have messed up something minor and overlooked it, but it looked correct.  I may get the other version just to see what is in it.

It is awesome, and now I remember why I stopped playing these types of games.  When I get sucked in I can lose a whole day.  I really enjoy and appreciate this, iprice.  My family didn't care when I showed them. I thought it was silly and wonderful!

tryed on my GHz pandora, nothing shown on the screen, I still have my desktop. I only got the music... I'm using 1.62RC and the 4.10 graphic driver, might it be the issue?

When you complete a puzzle correctly does anything happen automagically,
Yep, once you've completed it properly you'll get a piece of music and a Merry Christmas image appear. You've probably placed a piece in the wrong place or missed something out. You can check by pressing/holding SPACE - this will show where blocks should be placed, but not which colour they should be, so it's a helpful hint rather than a solution :)

I'm using 1.62RC and the 4.10 graphic drive
I suspect that it might indeed be the graphics driver. :(

When you complete a puzzle correctly does anything happen automagically,
Yep, once you've completed it properly you'll get a piece of music and a Merry Christmas image appear. You've probably placed a piece in the wrong place or missed something out. You can check by pressing/holding SPACE - this will show where blocks should be placed, but not which colour they should be, so it's a helpful hint rather than a solution :)
Ok, thanks.  I got the first special puzzle done, but stopped when I was around half done with the second.  Do the puzzles need to be created manually?  I have a bunch of ideas, and can probably find or create images quickly, but I don't have time to manually assign colors to each block.

I didn't know about the space bar being used to check the puzzle.  It would have helped when I thought I had completed the snowman while I was pretending to try to sleep.  Is there a way to save partially completed puzzles?

I removed the Save puzzle setting for this, as each puzzle is pretty small - the proper, full game has a save system.

The SPACE check is in the ReadMe... Does anybody ever read these (I know I don't!) :p

Puzzles can be imported as images but the chains have to be created manually (the numbers are automatically placed at the start and end of chains and updated as the chains increase). LMB draws the chains RMB paints the cell in the selected colour.

editor.PNG

Other icons seen in the Editor image are "Import image" (this also grabs the size of the image for max puzzle size), "Load puzzle", "Save Puzzle", "Clear puzzle", "Increase puzzle #", "Decrease puzzle #"

The palette is deliberately limited to prevent too many similar colours looking like each other when they are just numbers.

Back