Release Advent Calendar

I forgot to mention that the other day I completed a couple more puzzles that didn't get recognised as complete.  I checked with space and couldn't find any Xs.  Once I update I will try again and save them when that happens (is saving automatic, or a key/combination?  I still haven't read the readme...).  If I still can't find an X I will send you my save files.

The new update displays flashing blocks now instead of "X"s - these are easier to see if you're missing something.

I was sent a .SAV file which indicates the non-completion problem, but I am at work right now so can't see what the exact issue is, but I have a very good idea. I'll try to fix it later today.

As for saving, you have to Pause the game (Press the puzes button by the game time) and select "SAVE & EXIT" from the menu.

I figured more examples might help you out.  If you know precisely what the problem is I won't bother with it.

Pause menu was my second guess for saving.  Thanks.

I might be able to get caught up tonight.

The update is now on the Repo - http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=PixeLink_Christmas_iprice

This should hopefully fix the completion problem. "Completed" save game file should also now show as actually completed and you can finish/exit accordingly with a saved completed record.

It looks like the problem may have been caused by placing then deleting tracks if placed incorrectly. Maybe. Don't know but the comparison values appeared to be incorrect.

Please let me know if you still have problems - I haven't had a great deal of time to look through everything, but changing just a bit of code allowed the sent .SAV to show that it was completed properly. I then tested on a new game and completed successfully.

Can you updated the Windows version also? (sorry to ask that, but I use both versions).

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, Android is a possibility, but Pandora and pc are my main targets for now. There'd be a lot of work required to get it ready for Android (excluding the whole Christmas thing) and I just don't have the time right now. But it is something I have thought about.

Hi all,

@ iprice: latest version doesn't work on my Rebirth with SuperZaxxon 1.71  :(

=======================================================================================

PND             : /media/Pandora/pandora/menu/PixeLink_Christmas.pnd

PND_FSTYPE      : Squashfs

APPDATADIR      : /media/Pandora/pandora/appdata/PixeLink_Christmas

APPDD_FSTYPE    : vfat

PND_CPUSPEED    : <unset>

EXENAME         : scripts/PixeLink_Christmas.sh

ARGUMENTS       : <unset>

=======================================================================================

[ START ]--- Mount the PND ----------

Mounting : mount -t squashfs -o ro "/dev/loop0" "/mnt/utmp/PixeLink_Christmas"

rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/pnd/PixeLink_Christmas': Not a directory

Mounting the Union FS : mount -t aufs -o exec,noplink,dirs="/media/Pandora/pandora/appdata/PixeLink_Christmas=rw+nolwh":"/mnt/pnd/PixeLink_Christmas=rr" none "/mnt/utmp/PixeLink_Christmas"

[sUCCESS]--- Mount the PND ----------

[ START ]--- Starting the application ( scripts/PixeLink_Christmas.sh  ) ----------
Thanks anyway for taking the time to complete this great game, very much appreciated :)

Cheers, Magic Sam

Could be that 1.71 is breaking the app somehow? Not a lot I can do about that I'm afraid - it definitely works in SZ<1.61. I haven't successfully updated past 1.60, so I can't say for sure, but it's definitely working on lesser version of SZ. There's always the pc version (which apparently runs well in WINE) ... ;)

Hi :)

There's actually an EGL error. I guess I'm not using the right SGX driver:

pandora:/mnt/utmp/PixeLink_Christmas/scripts$ ./PixeLink_Christmas.sh 

debug works at all

preplic

lic done

timer

rbow

rbow init

SDL_init video PANDORA

Unable to initialise EGL display.SDL_GetVideoInfo = 800x480 @ 16 bpp

800x480 sdl

get accurate timer - 1st call

flip - 1st call

BGRA ext NOT supported

(null)

Texture size limit: 1079444944

init fbo

2D VP

OGRB init [OK]

Cptn

Network

Input

Window mode

Create DXin

sdl_grab

reptr

getexe

cd

set cdir to: /mnt/utmp/PixeLink_Christmas

exepath=curdir= /mnt/utmp/PixeLink_Christmas

Init Finalized

set cdir to: Media

request: fopen("/mnt/utmp/PixeLink_Christmas/profile.sav", "rb") failed
Cheers, Magic Sam

Edit: SGX driver 4.03.00.02 fixes the issue ;)

Yeah, looks like a EGL error. I guess your are using 4.10 (for example) driver on a Gigahertz model. Try fall back to 4.03.00.2 version, it should work.

Just a quick note that the Advent Calendar will not be available to play after December, so if you haven't downloaded or played it yet, then time is not on your side - unless you wish to alter your Pandora's clock, that is ;)

BTW All doors are now able to be opened, so you don't have to play the puzzles sequentially.

You can grab it from the Repo - http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=PixeLink_Christmas_iprice

BTW - Thanks for the positive comments and ratings on the Repo :)

My daughter (5) finished one level. Thanks! The game is great fun.

yes the game is very nice and funny.

Hope you could release a new version in 2015 :) with another theme.

I didn't get chance to play anything other than the first day I'm afraid, but thank you!

Back