Musical Stings Audio For Boot-Up / Menus

I'll go with whatever people want...

I'm aware there are time restrictions too, so I should be able to turn something around pretty quickly. ;)

Musical taste varies as much as the weather (apart from the weather in Wrexham, N.Wales - they have their
own weather front!). Some might want something short and tinkly, others something fat and loud. So I'm happy
to provide a few options too... :)

I also agree that "OFF" would be a nice option for any sounds too! :lol:

If a boot sound is off limits, then I'd be happy to provide an exclusive demo song for the MP3 player. Can't
promise to please everyone with that though, LOL!

Just drop me a line if you need something, and let me know the deadline.

ATB,
Tim.

I have linked you as an artist to the last.fm pandora group, the pandora might get some attention that way. And people will know it was you who did the sounds.

Kagato said:
Wait. Let me get this straight.

We've got an offer from one of the luminaries of the video game industry to produce some music for the Pandora -- for free -- and people are thinking about it??

For the love of all that is good in the world, SAY YES
They're not thinking about whether to say yes or no, they're thinking about where exactly to put such talent. If someone offers you a million dollars, you don't just say "yes please, just leave it in the drive way". You've got to get a bunch of those bags with dollar signs on them first! Or open a high volume savings account, that'd work too.

Last edited by a moderator:
CoLD SToRAGE said:
I'll go with whatever people want...

I'm aware there are time restrictions too, so I should be able to turn something around pretty quickly. ;)

Musical taste varies as much as the weather (apart from the weather in Wrexham, N.Wales - they have their
own weather front!). Some might want something short and tinkly, others something fat and loud. So I'm happy
to provide a few options too... :)

I also agree that "OFF" would be a nice option for any sounds too! :lol:

If a boot sound is off limits, then I'd be happy to provide an exclusive demo song for the MP3 player. Can't
promise to please everyone with that though, LOL!

ATB,
Tim.

/Me reads this as he sits in the art collage in Wrexham eating dinner. Yep, I can confirm the weather is nuts here :p

Are you in Wrexham? :eek:

MDave said:
/Me reads this as he sits in the art collage in Wrexham eating dinner. Yep, I can confirm the weather is nuts here :p

Are you in Wrexham? :eek:

I was born in a small place called Cymau near Wrexham, so I know it well(!)... I live on the Wirral now. :)

borgqueenx said:
i tried to look for some sounds for pandora. but i cant seem to find any on the official cold storage website.

He will make them they will be exclusivly for the pandora and they will be new sounds not old available ones

Bosbeetle said:
borgqueenx said:
i tried to look for some sounds for pandora. but i cant seem to find any on the official cold storage website.

He will make them they will be exclusivly for the pandora and they will be new sounds not old available ones
any examples to listen to...?

borgqueenx said:
Bosbeetle said:
borgqueenx said:

any examples to listen to...?

look at his site or his youtube channel

Bosbeetle said:
borgqueenx said:

borgqueenx said:
i cant find any boot/shut down, system sounds, small songs of less then 10 seconds there...
He hasn't bloody made them yet!

:lol:

Right, he's not a legendary startup / shutdown sound maker, just a legendary video game music composer. Still, he might be able to make the transition...

Mia said:
Kagato said:
We've got an offer from one of the luminaries of the video game industry to produce some music for the Pandora -- for free -- and people are thinking about it??
This.
Craig, we MUST include CoLD SToRAGE's work somehow.

I do agree with you.

Tripmonkey_uk said:
I like the idea of an ambient sound too, but they tend to work better with moving backgrounds for the desktop or program launcher.

This, too, is probably possible.

CoLD SToRAGE said:

Erm... two months? ;) (j/k)

craigix said:
Mia said:
Kagato said:
This.
Craig, we MUST include CoLD SToRAGE's work somehow.

I do agree with you.
Yay! And now we can all breath a sigh of relief that Craig has actually seen the thread! :lol:

Raw speed/power has its obvious attractions, but IMHO there is a place for elegance too - at least, as long as it's optional. If you can choose to have an opening sound, or an opening animations, or both or neither then IMHO that sounds good. As a long time Lemmings fan I can't wait to hear what Tim might be able to produce for us, personally. Let's go! ;)

Call me dim but how would playing a small start-up ditty slow the boot up?
Presumably this can be done in background so the net impact would be too little to notice.

Unless the boot time is so short there's no time to play anything. If so we'll get Mr. SToRAGE to hit a triangle and we'll just have to darn well wait. :)

As I'm likely to want to suspend (or power save) a "boot-up" tune wouldn't get played that often. :(

I like the Pmenu idea.

Back