"Must haves" for the Pandora?

Fluff

I've had a Pandy for close to a year now, but for the past few months it really didn't get touched. (I had no time) I've now shipped it off and am replacing it for a new shiny 1ghz model. What are some must have games (homebrews, ports, etc.) and programs? I've got a new 128gb sd to go along with it when it arrives so space shouldn't be a problem.

Well, since you're getting such a big card, I would say that Slackware is a "must have".  [edit: I see Linux-SWAT has beat me to that suggestion]

Personally, I like smplayer2 and kobo deluxe.  These saved me from a boring Christmas-at-the-parents.

Other than that, this list is a useful guide: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=all&s=top

I'm not crazy about Android to be honest, but I might give it a shot.

PanMAME, FBA, & PCSX

Forget-Me-Not, Super Geometry Dust, PewPew 2, White Butterfly, Garden of Colored Lights, Spheres of Chaos, BRogue

Forget-Me-Not and White Butterfly are definitely on my list.

Edit : Looked up Brogue on the repo and it looks brilliant.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a Pandy for close to a year now, but for the past few months it really didn't get touched. (I had no time) I've now shipped it off and am replacing it for a new shiny 1ghz model. What are some must have games (homebrews, ports, etc.) and programs? I've got a new 128gb sd to go along with it when it arrives so space shouldn't be a problem.
Probably the best emulator the Pandora can offer right now is PCSXRearmed but there are also many others very interesting: PanMame, FBA, Qemu, Dosbox and ScummVM. Apart from emulation, i use a lot my Pandy for reading comics, dont miss Comix in the repo, it's a must have imho.

Ummm, A Pandora would be nice and a must have
Well of course, that's why I'm upgrading to the nice shiny 1ghz unit.
Well, not to talk against the 1Ghz units, but I have not had much thrown at my Rebirth that it could not handle.

Continental Circus and Outrun are the only ones I can think of.  Both can be made to work...overclocking to speeds I'm not comfortable with.  I never clock more than 800.

For Outrun, you can try Cannonball, it play well at 800MHz with default settings.
Thanks!

Grabbed it.  It works great!!

Might want to edit your game description on the Repo, though...let people know that they have to UNZIP the Ourun files to make it work...I saw the little "readme" inside the download which told me what the ROM files wanted to be named...and, sure enough, REVB was missing one of them, got it from RevA.

I clock at 800 by default, and don't change it.  and it works terrific!

Took me a game to figure out how to shift from low to high gear though...LOL

Ur-Quan Masters (one of the best games ever made - great combat, excellent epic story)

xu4 (play ultima 4 rpg w/o an emulator)

lambdarogue (roguelike with a neat plot)

Mega Man 1-6 (NES)

Mega Man 7 (SNES)

Mega Man 8 (PSX)

Mega Man X 1-3 (SNES)

Mega Man X 4-6 (PSX)

Mega Man I - V (GameBoy)

Mega Man Xtreme 1-2 (GameBoyColor)

Mega Man & Bass (GameBoyAdvance)

Mega Man - The Wily Wars (Sega Genesis)

Mega Man Legends 1-2 (PSX)

Chrono Trigger (SNES/PSX)

Chrono Cross (PSX)

Tales of Phantasia (SNES/PSX)

Tales of Destiny 1-2 (PSX)

Tomb Raider 1-5 (PSX)

Same with "Kirby's Dream Land", "Legend of Zelda", "Castlevania", "Final Fantasy", "Seiken Densetsu", "Bomberman", etc... :D

For Outrun, you can try Cannonball, it play well at 800MHz with default settings.
Thanks!

Grabbed it.  It works great!!

Might want to edit your game description on the Repo, though...let people know that they have to UNZIP the Ourun files to make it work...I saw the little "readme" inside the download which told me what the ROM files wanted to be named...and, sure enough, REVB was missing one of them, got it from RevA.

I clock at 800 by default, and don't change it.  and it works terrific!

Took me a game to figure out how to shift from low to high gear though...LOL
Thanks for the tip, I will change it.

PND Manager is the first thing I'd recommend anyone to try on a Pandora.

+ What everyone else has been recommending.

Android on Pandora can be considered to be in a Beta state but it does open the door to many excellent games & apps. It might be wise dedicating an SD card specifically to Android as my understanding is that SD card corruption can still occur in rare cases when running Android and a problem occurs.

Back