Mweston Videos Of Dpad, Quake2 And More?

MWeston already told he is bad at Streetfighter. Same applies to me.
Just tried it on my dingoo. My hadoken-success-rate was ~20%, didn't really improve over time. The pandora-dpad must be a lot better.

MDave said:
Thanks for the vids, but man does Quake 2 run slow in some parts! Whats up with that? It should run much faster, like in other vids. I know you downclocked to 500mhz, but geez! It should still run it much better then that. Was XFCE used to launch Quake 2?
might be this pickle said on the unofficial blog:

Pickle said:
Please note this a new version of quake2 using X11 window for a screen. So the pro is that it no longer tears, the neg is that its slower than the RAW framebuffer mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quake 2 did look to be slowing down at some points but I'm sure there's something else to it. Thanks for the videos MWeston great to see those games played, the nubs look good as does the d-pad.

Please note this a new version of quake2 using X11 window for a screen. So the pro is that it no longer tears, the neg is that its slower than the RAW framebuffer mode.

-Pickle

kaprikawn said:
D-Pad looks too 'clicky' for my liking. On the SNES pad I could hit the QCF movement around 95-98% of the time because it was more 'spongy'. He seems to hit it 60-70%.

conso said:
MWeston already told he is bad at Streetfighter. Same applies to me.
Just tried it on my dingoo. My hadoken-success-rate was ~20%, didn't really improve over time. The pandora-dpad must be a lot better.

Not meaning to brag or anything like that...but to be completely honest, I reckon a lot of people must be rubbish at pulling off fireballs and dragon punches.
Here are my success rates with all SF moves (Street Fighter II games in general) on various platforms;-

SNES - 99.99%
GP2X Wiz - 99.5%
XBOX 360 - 95%
SEGA SATURN - 99.99%
PlayStation One/2/3 - 99.99%
Tapwave Zodiac - 80% :(
Nintendo DS/DS lite/DSi - 99.99%
Dingoo A320 - 97%
XBOX 1 - 98.5%
MegaDrive - 99.99%
PSP - 99.5% PSPgo - 98%
Dreamcast - 99.5%
PC (keyboard) - 90%
So, going by MW's vid, I'll most likely hit a 99.99% accuracy success rate on Pandora. :pandora2ut4:

P.S. I love Street Fighter games and Street Fighter II Turbo Hyper Fighting is my all-time favourite game. B)

Looks very nice. I've played Quake 2 ages ago and I think it's worth to play it again. this Time in bed and with the Pandora :D
But I think I will use the D-Pad (WASD) plus right A-Pad (MOUSE) for movement, so straving will be even more easy. Richt Trigger for shoot, left Trigger for Jump, Numbers and/or ABXY for Weapon Switching. ^_^ Should work very well.

And For Street Fighter & Co.: As long as I can plug my SF4 Tournament Arcade Stick into the Pandora, i'm onto the save side when it comes to Special Moves :D

Phawx said:

-Pickle
And what we have to do to get it fast AND without Tearing? ^^""""

I should also mention I didnt compile quake2 with many special optimization flags, i.e. neon. So there could be a small boost there. Really i think we are looking at some bottlenecks in the SGX.
Also I saw a comment about Marathon, i found some settings that help the performance, it runs very well under the right settings.

Pickle said:
Also I saw a comment about Marathon, i found some settings that help the performance, it runs very well under the right settings.

BTW, are all 3 Marathon games playable?

For those who doesn't know, this is pre Halo stuff. IIRC you are an earlier model to Master Chief :)

(not that I'm a huge Helo fan)

Pickle said:
Really i think we are looking at some bottlenecks in the SGX.
Uh, SERIOUS bottlenecks? :-||
Easy to solve stuff or "using GP2X second Processor effectively" serious stuff?

Awakening said:
Pickle said:

BTW, are all 3 Marathon games playable?

For those who doesn't know, this is pre Halo stuff. IIRC you are an earlier model to Master Chief :)

(not that I'm a huge Helo fan)

You could always play Marathon under the Amiga Emulator...

marathon.jpg

Marathon - Not Just a Game

marathon2.jpg

Back