Pandora Desktop Environment Prototype Try 2 (screenshots And Videos)

Happy New Year everyone! Best wishes to all!

And here's some screenshots of the theme in action :)

PANscreenshots1.jpg

PANscreenshots2.jpg

And an approximate sized down image of how small it could look on the pandora's screen:

PANscreenshots3.jpg

It's beautiful MDave.

Strangely, on the smaller picture the light seems too white, specially on the code & script icons.

joseluisjazz said:
It's beautiful MDave.
Strangely, on the smaller picture the light seems too white, specially on the code & script icons.
Yes, good work, but I think that icons are too much blur (imho).

Last edited by a moderator:
dentrado said:
What are the arrows/triangels in the upper right corner?

I suppose they're scroll arrows, because only a limited number of icons can fit the screen.

MDave said:

And here's some screenshots of the theme in action :)
Beautiful! I'm definitely keen on using your icons when I get my Pandora (first batcher here!). Minor issue with the signal strength indicator is that I'd (personally) prefer if the highest bars of signal strength were on the right. Also, the colours of the battery and signal strength indicator seem a bit off when you compare them to the shades of blue used elsewhere.

Those are just minor niggles though. Great job MDave!

MDave said:

And here's some screenshots of the theme in action :) ....
looks good, maybe a little bit to much colours over the Desktop but this is a matter of taste. The Icons have very sharp edges, is it possible to make a image test with "rounded" edges, only 1 Pixel or 2 maybe? ^_^

I really like these icons. Maybe it would be better if you change the "script" and the "code" icons, I just don't like the text: an image will be more clean.
However thank you for your work :D.

It's nice to see how quickly this is coming along!! I'm loving the icons, the only thing I would say is that agree with peca; the icons are indeed slightly blurry - especially on a small Pandora screen, it'd be nice IMHO if the text in particularly was slightly sharper, so that one could easily read it, and tell the difference of c code to html code without resorting to file endings (which in linux are mostly not needed anyway)

Thanks for the comments! I wouldn't judge the small screen shot too much, it will be just as sharp as the 2 other screen shots I posted, just at that approximate screen size :) I'll make new wifi and battery icons to match the overall theme better in the mean time, and see what I can do to fix the blurriness of some icons :)

I love the clean look and the colors representing different file types. It looks like the icons have a very faint blue pandora logo silk screened over them, which is so hard to see on some, it's just a distraction, and it can muddy up the interpretation of the important part, the white icon. I realize this screened icon matches up with the folders. Perhaps the folders could have a slanted faded icon, matching the angle of the Executable icon.

For the most part, I really like the colors, but the Code, Script and Compressed icons don't fit the subdued, dusty color palette of the rest of the icons. The Executable icon doesn't bother me the same way, even though it's darker. Perhaps because it's less saturated.

I love what you've done so far, in particular with the legibility of the icons, keep up the good work.

Yamara said:
For the most part, I really like the colors, but the Code, Script and Compressed icons don't fit the subdued, dusty color palette of the rest of the icons. The Executable icon doesn't bother me the same way, even though it's darker. Perhaps because it's less saturated.
I see what you mean, but I like the stronger colours used in the icons you mention, if anything I'd like to see stronger colours used throughout, but even if the colours were left as they are now I'd still be happy (all IMO of course).

Any updates that people would like to send me? I'm about to assemble the default Pandora matchbox theme in the right system locations as a bitbake package.

Back