My Character Set Wont Work!

birdofprey

Website
www.dontcallmeginger.co.uk
My characters come out fuzzy with about 3 different pictures of each character squeezed into a square when i try to place an entity. Why does this not work?
Also, I have extended the bottom of the screen in the charset bmp to add more characters Is that ok?
Here is the link (right mouse click, download)

http://geocities.com/dontcallmegingerwebsite/mario.bmp

(P.S) I tried my edits with the standard amount of characters aswell and that wont work either

Please advise

n/m it is :p

checking out :)

hmmmm... it looks alright to me :/

WHAT? yOU HAVE USED IT AND IT WORKS ON YOUR VERSION OF GIGAS ON THE GP32?

I DONT KNOW WHAT IM DOING WRONG THEN. IS THERE ANY CHANCE YOU COULD E-MAIL ME THE CHARS FILE WHICH IS CREATED FOR GIGAS? MY E-MAIL IS

RECEPTION@PRIAMSOFTWARE.COM

THANKS

no, I haven't tried it, I'm studying and hopping to the computer at the same time as I'm trying to encode some of my mp3's to ogg so I can play a lot of them on my gp32 while studying instead of writing them to a cd-r and playing them on my mp3 cd-player over and over and over (waste of cd's, thing won't play my cd-rw's ;_;)

I'm gonna try it out later, okay?

Hiya, sorry im late ;)

Gigas doesn't support custom size's yet, you have to stick with the default size graphic files for now, once i have all the features coded (pretty soon) im going to then increase everything to fill up the remaining ram.

the reason you cannot resize it is, Gigas has to know exactly where in the ram each graphic file is stored, and how much ram it uses. but once i make the file bigger it shouldn't be a problem.

i suspect that by resizing it, then resizing it down again - the header had somehow become invalid, and gigas couldn't load it properly.

hope that solves it

Back