My F-100 Is Now On Ebay !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it was a risk mentioning the roms but it took me ages creating that disc and I didn't want to simply put " disc with lots of stuff on it".

I actually paid for the romsets about £5 each set. I did not illegally download them.

Fruity Nutter said:
I know it was a risk mentioning the roms but it took me ages creating that disc and I didn't want to simply put " disc with lots of stuff on it".

I actually paid for the romsets about £5 each set. I did not illegally download them.
[

No, you illegally bought them...

But good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
You obtained a license for all the romsets? I didn't know you could do that.

Where from?
www.howlongwillitbebeforemylistinggetsremoved.co.uk

NOTICE TO EBAY - I AM NOT INCLUDING ANY ILLEGAL ITEMS WITHIN THIS SALE - ALL ROMS HAVE BEEN OFFICIALLY PAID FOR BUY MYSELF AND I HAVE FULL AUTHORITY TO PASS THEM ON TO OTHERS. THANKS.

This is a classic quote. I just can't wait for one of the ebay admins to read that.

gavie said:
There is no such thing as legaly downloaded roms..
there is, at least in Switzerland, where it is legal to download copyright protected stuff for your own use, only the upload is illegal. Bit torrent is a problem if you do not block the upload. However, the sale of this disc on ebay would be illegal as well.

gavie said:
There is no such thing as legaly downloaded roms..
There used to be:

"StarROMs, seller of legal arcade ROM downloads for use with MAME"

Pity they've now closed up shop. Most likely too difficult to compete with the illegal rom market.

icurafu said:
NOTICE TO EBAY - I AM NOT INCLUDING ANY ILLEGAL ITEMS WITHIN THIS SALE - ALL ROMS HAVE BEEN OFFICIALLY PAID FOR BUY MYSELF AND I HAVE FULL AUTHORITY TO PASS THEM ON TO OTHERS. THANKS.
This is a classic quote. I just can't wait for one of the ebay admins to read that.

Indeed, and when ebay suspend his auction and then approach him for the written authority he has, what will happen then?

In the USA, for it to be illegal to sell a disc of ROMs you have to know that the disc was made illegally. Which is to say, you have to know that the person who burned the disc did not have a license to do so.

That is moot here for a number of reasons, mostly because he made the disc himself, and because this auction is in the UK (whose copyright laws I am not entirely familiar with), but it bears repeating for people who think just HAVING roms can be illegal.

Sparr said:
In the USA, for it to be illegal to sell a disc of ROMs you have to know that the disc was made illegally. Which is to say, you have to know that the person who burned the disc did not have a license to do so.

That is moot here for a number of reasons, mostly because he made the disc himself, and because this auction is in the UK (whose copyright laws I am not entirely familiar with), but it bears repeating for people who think just HAVING roms can be illegal.
Ignorance is not an excuse. At least not in British courts. In America can you murder someone as long as no one told you it was wrong?

sam fisher said:
Sparr said:

In America can you murder someone as long as no one told you it was wrong?

or if the coffee cup doesnt say "Caution: contains hot liquid"

No, but you can do it if your parents or teachers caused you mental anguish while you where growing up. If he justs removes the disk he could solve all of this and there is still time.

In the US we excel at not taking responsibility for our own actions. This is something that I wish we did not excel at since anymore we excel at so few things.

Does that mean I can sue Burger King for not stating that eating there food is dangerous to my health?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back