My Faith In The Human Race...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of stupid questions now. Who would have thought? We have someone asking why there are diseases if there's a god. We have someone else telling me that there is no god and I am incorrect. And a discussion about cloning.

I reported my own thread. No one saw that coming im sure ;)

@ declaration: haha you're fucking intelligent. "there is no god because I said so". gtfo with your irrational argumentative skills ;)
You know there is a god because you believe there is a god?

And I'm the irrational one?
You know there is no god because you believe one doesn't exist? Yep, you are the irrational one. Who the hell tells someone that something completely metaphysical doesnt exist and they're wrong? You sound even dumber than angel has ever sounded.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ declaration: haha you're fucking intelligent. "there is no god because I said so". gtfo with your irrational argumentative skills ;)

You know there is no god because you believe one doesn't exist? Yep, you are the irrational one. Who the hell tells someone that something completely metaphysical doesnt exist and they're wrong? You sound even dumber than angel has ever sounded.
no. I dont believe in god because there is not one shred of credible evidence to suggest that there is a god.

do you believe in fairies too?

no. I dont believe in god because there is not one shred of credible evidence to suggest that there is a god.

And there's credible evidence to suggest that there isnt? Im not continuing this discussion. Take care.

And there's credible evidence to suggest that there isnt? Im not continuing this discussion. Take care.
I love it when people do that. Make a point and then end the discussion. Why not just fucking end it?

Anyway, I don't believe in things just because they can't be disproved... I don't sit here believing that there is an invisible, untouchable table at the other side of my room just because I can't disprove its existence. That would be stupid.

I wouldn't have attacked your irrational belief in god if you didn't use it to justify medical decisions.

You seem to be saying that because you want to believe there is a reason for your existence you feel you have the right to judge these people.

It appears to me these folk are just trying to make their child's life and their own lives better in the face of a devastatingly tragic circumstance. It is not as if they have dumped her in an institution and washed their hands of her. That suggests, to me, that they have her interests very much in mind.

This whole thing reminds me of the Terry Schiavo case;

She was also mentally incapacitated and unable to give her consent to pull her feeding tube.

She's dead now.

At Dec, your Argument is pretty stupid. Why should I believe in the existence of you? I can't see you, and will never meet you. But on my computer screen there seems to be evidence of activity of you. But why should I believe my computer screen? Why should I believe in the internet etc... Why should you believe in the existence of me?

You see, belief and the levels of belief are all in the eye of the believer. And two thousand years of people believing in Christianity plus all the other religions and their believers simply can not be discounted by an invisible table analogy.

You may be convinced in your thoughts that God doesn't exist. And you can absolutely feel that you know it to be true. But someone else may have no doubt that he does, why are you so hostile to that?

And diseases and wars are often caused by man, I find. People who blame the problems of man on an idle God fail to notice how shite we can be as humans.

As to this young girl, I was shocked at first. But then I didn't know what to think. The other story is wonderful.

Time to report the thread, Telco? :p

The idea of god (as portrayed in the Bible) seems an unlikely one, but as discussed in Edward O. Wilson's "On Human Nature" (an excellent read if you get a chance), we are genetically inclined to believe in a higher being, so there will continue to be some sort of God no matter what science proves.

As far as the ethical aspect, the girl will probably not feel any difference at all, so the decision was completely up to them, as she is their responsibility; if they believed that was in the girl's best interest, than we should all respect their decision.

Lots of stupid questions now. Who would have thought? We have someone asking why there are diseases if there's a god. We have someone else telling me that there is no god and I am incorrect. And a discussion about cloning.

I reported my own thread. No one saw that coming im sure ;)
So we actually get some almost intelligent discussion in here and you report the thread? Gah.

As for God - I can't prove that he doesn't exist, and as I see it, it's fallible that he does - and therefore I don't believe in him. You are entitled to your own opinion, but if it involves belief in God I will see you as stupid and illogical. It may seem closed-minded on my part, but that is the way it works, and I have made that decision myself from analysis of what is. So far, I have not seen my belief successfully challenged.

Time to report the thread, Telco? :p

Nah :lol: Let's see how far things will go ...

Euthanasia ... well, why not? I would put down my cats (and will when the time comes) if their quality of life deteriorated badly enough ... and this is saying a lot; I hate nearly all humans, and love our kitties like they were our children.

On this subject, we had them neutered, for their own good as well as ours, yet the idea of de-clawing is inhumane and cruel to us.

Hmmm ....

What happens when her parents die?

wonder if tels cat is gay?, if the scientists are successful with the sheep.............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back