My Faith In The Human Race...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I for one am on dcgm's side. :) I was raised up and told that children such as this are a test for the parents, even a blessing from God. They have already failed that test by "cheating" their way out of it. I absolutely think it is sick that somebody would do this. The handicapped are humans, too. I don't care if you're atheist or religious, they are still human beings.

I was in the examination room with my little one, Elwood, explaining his medical history to the Vet and appended the long speech with "oh, and his brother has diabetes too". She looked up at me somewhat astounded .. I just smiled and said "Yeah, we're very blessed". I meant it too ... I appreciate the unconditional love and companionship these little troopers show us even more from having to care for their special needs.

I'm not religious in the least ... but I do feel an order to things, a higher power of some sort, but that we aren't meant to ever know what/who it is.

That said, I'm curious about something on the subject of faith;

Bob Marley died of cancer .. he developed a tumor in his toe, it spread to various parts of his body, eventually parking itself in his brain, leaving him dead with an orange-sized lump in his head. Being Rastafarian, he didn't believe in surgery and simply left his fate in the hands of .... well his faith. I wonder sometimes ... why is it that devout folks are willing to embrace mankind's technical advancements (like tv, computers, etc), yet are very unwilling to bend on their religious beliefs, even when science (in Mr. Marley's case, where a simple surgery to remove a minor tumor would have saved his life) disproves certain outdated beliefs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back