My First Fenix Game

Sonic-NKT

Hi,
just finished my first fenix game, not really finsihed but i thought its ok to release it.
you can find the game here:
http://nils.thiele.free.fr/fenix/Falling_Rocks_GP.rar the game is made with a div tutorial but i modified the controls so that it runs on the gp32 (it was controlled by mouse)
with left and right you move the ship and you fire with b
game.jpg

PS: it runs a bit slow on the gp32.. anyone knows how to optimize this?

Download not works.
To optimize... is the game in 16bit colours? Transform it into 8bit colours to increase speed .

sonic-nkt I think i am reading the same div tutorial as you did. I am right were it tells you to open the fpg file. Im guessing you did this with fenix what did you do without the tutor0.fpg?

I'm going through the same tutorial.

I'm having difficulty locating an 8-bit .PAL file (while at the same time, trying to translate the menus, etc. in FPG edit) ... erm, does anyone know how to make one?

TelcoLou ya i have no idea what you said about 8 bit pal files. Im guessing they are picture files and u are using something to put them into a fpg file? Im trying to learn but the tutorial is designed for div and it is to be used with the tutorial files that come with div but im using fenix. I think this is right?

TelcoLou posted on Feb 3 2005 at 01:29 AM said:

I'm having difficulty locating an 8-bit .PAL file (while at the same time, trying to translate the menus, etc. in FPG edit) ... erm, does anyone know how to make one?

I have the 8bit.pal
I can send it to ya if you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont speak spanish very well and im trying to use converters. Is the fpg file the file that has the pictures loaded in them? If so how do i open that in fenix? i know how to load a pallete i think but i have fpg edit but dont know how to load the fpg in fenix.

If you haven't loaded a palette Fenix uses the one that comes with the first fpg/map. So you only need .pal files if you want to change the palette from the palette that came with the FPG, or you don't load any map/fpg and want to change the default palette. I have been programming in fenix for quite some time and never needed them, so they are not mandatory to make a game.:)

Septera posted on Feb 3 2005 at 06:27 AM said:
TelcoLou posted on Feb 3 2005 at 01:29 AM said:

I have the 8bit.pal
I can send it to ya if you want.
Can I have the 8bit pallette please?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back