My New Sig!!

Ernest

DeFiAnT
Website
Visit site
Well a bit of a pointless topic but i wondered what every1 thought of my new sig coz im
learnin how to use paint shop pro and i tried this out and thought it was alrite altho i reckon the one magoo made for me is better but what do you all think?
It's down below based around smashTV.

I thought urs was ok i just need to give more attention to detail with mine like ur sig at the mo is really polished and nice whereas mines a bit rugged round the edges, but practice makes perfect.

Edit: I'm not sure how to customize the text on my name more like uve made urs see thru i cnt seem to use ne effects on mine.

It's alright, but you need to make the edges transparent. Also read up on some colour design :) because a red gradient with 1px black border is barely readable. Make the border thicker or the text bigger. Still, it's good.

mattmagoo, no offence, but all your sigs seem to be the same style. A rounded rectangle of Photoshop-filtered background, with some Google Image Search images stuck on and some filtered text. Damn, it still looks good. But maybe you could try something more original :) Yes I'm aware of the hypocrisy *looks at own sig* but I will change that soon :)

EDIT: I see you changed it, Ernest. Gah, LENS FLARE!! ;)

since u r almighty, i will stop if u want Gimp
i am almighty and since you said so i will allow you to carry on making these sigs so that everyone on the board can join together and become some kind of cult with you as their leader and eventually take over the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bricks rock, especially over the logo, especially cooler if the logo was over actual bricks so it looks like it was painted on. Text is still hard to read.

EDIT: Like this
smash_tv.png

Making edges transparent: Ctrl+A to select all. Now go to Selection (I think) and do Inside/Outside feather. Set outside to 0 and inside to about 10, 7, or whatever works best. Now with this new selection, cut (Ctrl+X) and paste as new image (Ctrl+V). Save as a PNG file to preserve the multitransparency, OR paste over a background of some colour, such as the background colour of gp32x sig spaces :), Ctrl+D to drop selection, and save.

Making edges transparent: Ctrl+A to select all. Now go to Selection (I think) and do Inside/Outside feather. Set outside to 0 and inside to about 10, 7, or whatever works best. Now with this new selection, cut (Ctrl+X) and paste as new image (Ctrl+V). Save as a PNG file to preserve the multitransparency, OR paste over a background of some colour, such as the background colour of gp32x sig spaces :), Ctrl+D to drop selection, and save.
Thanks uve given me alot of help here and i like the on actuall bricks idea that wud b cool. Thanks ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well theres the finsihed article, i think it might piss people off tho coz its quite big but its not bad altho i didnt achieve quite the same bricks as u had in ur little one with smashTv Rico but it hink iit's ok, but if any1 thinks its too big tell me and ill take it down or resize or something.
Also ppl let me know if u think thers neway i can improve it?

Back