My New Sig!!

It's alright, but you need to make the edges transparent. Also read up on some colour design :) because a red gradient with 1px black border is barely readable. Make the border thicker or the text bigger. Still, it's good.

mattmagoo, no offence, but all your sigs seem to be the same style. A rounded rectangle of Photoshop-filtered background, with some Google Image Search images stuck on and some filtered text. Damn, it still looks good. But maybe you could try something more original :) Yes I'm aware of the hypocrisy *looks at own sig* but I will change that soon :)

EDIT: I see you changed it, Ernest. Gah, LENS FLARE!! ;)
heh lmao, u copy me and say I'm unoriginal

Yeah, I know all of the sigs I make are the same, which is why it only takes me 10 minutes to do em

I really hate those 'new age' ones with swirly shading graphics, and a person fying blended in to the background, so i try and make them more bold and colourful

I am a filter whore, i think i need to see someone about it, do u reckon theres a rehab centre sumwhere?

I am bored of the sigs I make, but I am only original when creating 3D things with ProDesktop, and making scald models in real life, i dont know why tho, with 2D all my design abilities are thrwn out te window

Last edited by a moderator:
ya probably all hate my sig but I dont care I think its funny that you hate it thats why its on :D

I kno so because the majority of this board hates hip-hop
since no one else is going to rep I'll do it B)

Yeah gimp knows his hip-hop, 50 cent and all that bollocks annoys me, but I havent really listened to the stuff that I have saw gimp mentioning.

Well ive just gone bk to the original brick one but ive just overlayed some green text over the top of the red to make it easier to read, what dya all think let me know if theres ne improvements to be made??

Edit: well the writings blue now i thought it stood out more.

Edit2: Ive made a new streets of rage one now not sure if i prefer the smash tv one or not, i think i shud try and lay the characters over the top of some screenshots from the game instead of the blue background.

Good diversity there DarkMetroid. 'Cos Kayne West and Terror Squad are so ... edge :p I think when gimp criticised G-Unit it wasn't 'cos of old-school hip-hop being better (which is true) but also because underground hip-hop is better :)

I'm not gonna bore you with a bunch of groups but you may not like the style, although I have found both G-Unit and Aesop Rock listenable (my music tolerance is high).

Kayne West is already. I liked 'Get 'Em High' and 'Jesus Walks' and 'The New Workout Plan' from his album, but now he's doing tracks with Jay-Z, Brandy, Talib Kweli and Common - he's everywhere. People are gonna get sick of him soon. As a lyricist he's basic. As a producer he's obviously extremely good. I don't care if he speeds up lyrics, he can do tracks without that easily enough but the sped-up lyrics are good, not worn out just yet.

Yes I'm aware of the hypocrisy *looks at own sig* but I will change that soon :)
heh lmao, u copy me and say I'm unoriginal
You just pointed out something I'd already admitted <_<

Anyways, it's not like you invented the concept of making game title sigs. I just did it for the same reason everyone has a sig by you in the same style - we like uniformity. Not uncommon in larger forums for 'sig trends' where everyone's sig becomes the same. In fact that crappy 'Your computer is XX.XXX.X.XX and runs Internet Explorer!' sig that Azure used to have, I think, is usually the sig for 1 in 3 users on Penny Arcade ;)

I can start something original but I do not strive to be unneccessarily original just for the sake of it.

Ernest, all I did was search google images for bricks, paste it as a pattern rotated, then make a new layer with the SmashTV icon and enable I think 'hard light' effect but you'll want to experiment. You could if you wanted also get another copy of the bricks, apply the Threshold filter to turn it into a black outline of bricks, then add it directly over the logo and the bricks with something like 40% opacity to bring the bricks back out, but I didn't do it.

Ernest, all I did was search google images for bricks, paste it as a pattern rotated, then make a new layer with the SmashTV icon and enable I think 'hard light' effect but you'll want to experiment. You could if you wanted also get another copy of the bricks, apply the Threshold filter to turn it into a black outline of bricks, then add it directly over the logo and the bricks with something like 40% opacity to bring the bricks back out, but I didn't do it.
Cheers for that Rico ill have a look and see what i can come up with.

RICO:
edit.gif
Edit is your friend

BTW: I was joking

Attachments

• edit.gif
    edit.gif
    14 KB · Views: 126
  • edit.gif
    edit.gif
    14 KB · Views: 131
I still liked mattmagoo's avatar of Lan. His current one is just creepy.
Agreed.

Also matt I don't know if you're joking or not, and I don't see why I'd want to edit my post. Regardless of this fact, one thing stands out as true: you are a dumbass for taking a screenshot of the Edit button and uploading it when you could have just linked to the Edit button on this site.

Like this:
p_edit.gif

He told you to edit because you posted 2 times in a row, in case you didn't notice.
I do love that sarcasm / insult upon my intelligence. The three things I posted were seperate issues. One was about hip-hop and off-topic, one was addressed to matt, and one was addressed to Ernest. I was also quoting different people, which is made easier by clicking Quote next to their names than coding it manually.

Due to my sig I can understand that splitting my post up might cause you to have to scroll for oh... about 0.01 seconds more to get through them. I apologise terribly. Of course, it makes my post easier to ignore, as you quite easily prove by disregarding the reason I posted 3 times.

Back