My Own Black And White Gp32!!

using nail varnish would still need to have varnish put over it to make a tough as this is (i believe). plus using a nail varnish brush would leave brush marks. and also nail varnish is thick which could make it feel a bit wierd. i even thined down the varnish to avoid that.

Hey that looks cool :) I wouldn't want to touch mine though, I'd probably screw it up.

meh ive almost finished that. ive been busy writing the routine for my pic chip at school. who would have thought christmas tree lights would be so difficult, they are programmable by the user mind.

final one i promise. tis nice and fully black now. only problem is i think i may ahev damaged the bios somehow(static?) so now it only boots up to euro firmware (cant get to the aquafish mfw boot screen) and i cant open files but i know the buttons work because i can use pc link and get to the part where you choose what programs you want to open.
stange and annoying

lets me transfer files as well which i couldnt do with euro fw before

The first version actually looked quite cool. But now all the jittering and clathes makes it the most ugly gp32 I have ever seen, sorry :) As long as you like it there is no problem though.

Shaking Spirit posted on Feb 17 2004 at 08:01 PM said:
lol, and you put that down to the colour?
no i put that down to my own carelesness(sp?)

and the speckles are i think dust in the air being caught in the flash - note how they are over the screen as well

Last edited by a moderator:
I may actually just colour the buttons and the cover round the screen, do you think another color like red would look good?

What are the brand names of the marker pen and varnish you used as I may try this?

Also is there any way to remove the ink if you not happy with it or is it really PERMANENT?

Carface posted on Feb 18 2004 at 06:06 PM said:
I may actually just colour the buttons and the cover round the screen, do you think another color like red would look good?

What are the brand names of the marker pen and varnish you used as I may try this?

Also is there any way to remove the ink if you not happy with it or is it really PERMANENT?
i used an edding 500 permanent marker (genric really) with a wide tip. i think it could be a bad idea to try a different colour as its a lot easier to see the stripy parts from left by the marker. just try colouring in a bit of the inside of the case to see what it will look like. black and red could be quite nice though.

oh and the varnish is just some clear wood varnish i found in the garage, could be useful for it to be water based so you can thin it out a bit.

:edit: and it should come off in turps and if that doesnt work then use some methylated spirit

jegHegy posted on Feb 18 2004 at 07:51 PM said:
most of these "permanent" markers are alcohol-based.
meh im sure i can find something in the garage that'll get it off. anyway im happy with my midnight gp, kinda reminds me of the megadrive :) . turps isnt alcohol based is it (yes i know meths is)

I really liked the two tone effect, very original. I might have a go with humbrol enamel paints, those are pretty much permanent (i.e they're a real bugger to get off)

i think im going to do that to my new gp32 when i get it....had to buy a new 1 cause my sis plugged it into a positive polarity ac adapter...ill probably do red and white cause i think that looks pretty cool and i already have a red joystick 4 my gp32 (came with her knights)

Seifer48 posted on Feb 19 2004 at 04:31 PM said:
i think im going to do that to my new gp32 when i get it....had to buy a new 1 cause my sis plugged it into a positive polarity ac adapter...ill probably do red and white cause i think that looks pretty cool and i already have a red joystick 4 my gp32 (came with her knights)
Test it out on your old one, before you butcher a new one.

Look guys, this is only my opinion, but for your own sake please leave your GP32's alone! You WILL regret it.

I know the thing isn't the best looking piece of kit out there but that's what we've got, you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. Honestly, no matter how well intentioned, all these tips for 'customising' the GP32 are just going to ruin it. Seeing as the GP32 is firmly in the retro scene, don't you think we should preserve it faithfully? You wouldn't buy a C64 for your collection on eBay if someone had drawn all over it with a marker! The thing is the product of it's time. There are plenty of ways to customise it with software, backgrounds etc anyway...

Anyway, that's just me, but it seems that all this is a little like the gaming equivalent of lowering your Vauxhall Corsa, putting those flourescent lights underneath with a fat exhaust tube on the end and driving round the local town centre with your sub pulsating in the boot...

Just my opinion guys...

®

Seifer48 posted on Feb 19 2004 at 05:31 PM said:
had to buy a new 1 cause my sis plugged it into a positive polarity ac adapter
how can i stress this enough.........NEVER let females near electronics. They suck. My sister fucked up my printer a couple days ago.....shes an ass

bringoutthegimp posted on Feb 20 2004 at 01:34 PM said:
Seifer48 posted on Feb 19 2004 at 05:31 PM said:
had to buy a new 1 cause my sis plugged it into a positive polarity ac adapter
how can i stress this enough.........NEVER let females near electronics. They suck. My sister fucked up my printer a couple days ago.....shes an ass
i MOSTLY agree with that statement, i built my mom a new computer for mothers day last year, it was pretty damn fast, now that she has installed all of her retarded software such as MS office and netscape it it SOOOOOOOOO slooooow....

and when we were getting wireless networking i told her that a pci card would be MUCH better than a usb one, she just HAD to have that shitty ass usb adpter and guess what? it will stop working every time it has transferred about 20 megs...hmmm...and it doesn't work with linux...

in short, never let females that aren't nerds near electronics...

Back