My Pandora Has Arrived (Skeezix) ;)

You forgot a . in http://www.codejedi.com/pandora/rev3_unbox/IMG_0096JPG

It should be http://www.codejedi.com/pandora/rev3_unbox/IMG_0096.JPG

That looks so good. I have to say that maybe it's just the light but whenever I've seen the assembled rev2 or rev3 cases, they look fine. I guess it's when you look closely. Congratulations!

Well, I've had a mk2 dev board for more than a year and have been working on the whole PND file system, preparing an "SDK" of sorts, and all that business. Just now I've got a _keyboard_ and _nubs_ and such, so can pick it up without having to net-into it via ssh, etc :) So now I can actually work on apps a bit. Time is tight (yay for layoffs and massive OT :/), but I'm going ot prepare Hatari and BattleJewels ASAP.. at least direct ports, if not spiff thigns up a bit. Got lots of little bugs in the pnd-system I need to catch in the next few days too, to get stuff ready for you all.

Big credit to djwillis and notaz; me and vimacs are carrying the pnd-file system and various important bits, and lots of people hacking away, but the center of it all is notaz and djwillis on the kernel and distribution.

jeff

Today is my first day as a non-smoker. The day went by uneventfully. I did not yet get the craving I thought I'd be getting. Now you got me greenishly envious and craving for a huge crate of Pandas. Darn!. I need to smoke one Angstrom kernel before I go to bed.

I'm sitting here with a stupid grin on my face imagining a 200+ page thread filled with announcements like these.

skeezix said:
You know, even in rev3 state which is not 'finished' in the factory, this is _gorgeous_.

Like Craig said .. soon as you turn it on, THIS IS THE SHIT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SINCE THE FIRST TIME YOU SAW STAR TREK AS A KID.

jeff

If it gorgeous when only, say three, four, people have one, let's imagine how incredibly great will be when lots of people, and developers, get their ones :)

I'm anxious to finish Pangea and test it on one real Pandora and release it, and porting the game I'm working on. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
relliker said:
Today is my first day as a non-smoker. The day went by uneventfully. I did not yet get the craving I thought I'd be getting. Now you got me greenishly envious and craving for a huge crate of Pandas. Darn!. I need to smoke one Angstrom kernel before I go to bed.
Looks like you picked the wrong week to stop smoking.

lulzfish said:
relliker said:
Looks like you picked the wrong week to stop smoking.

mcrahmen.jpg

I love Airplane!

greendots said:
Is this screen the same quality as the last one Skeezix?

I've not mkuch time today (blast!), but its definately brighter (from memory.)

jeff

borgqueenx said:
in 2 weeks(tm) we need to make an awesome biggest thread ever, the "i got my pandora" topic :D

Congratulations, very nice photos :)

Instead, I think they should reopen the "Our New Machine" thread for that purpose. ^_^

-God Ginrai

Hey Jeff, good to see these getting out to the backbone of the community! Without you guys, this project wouldn't be much! Thank You!

I made this request to Zod also, can you write a review when you get the time? You know, give impressions of the screen, controls, overall quality, ect!

Chris

God Ginrai said:
borgqueenx said:
in 2 weeks™ we need to make an awesome biggest thread ever, the "i got my pandora" topic :D

Congratulations, very nice photos :)

Instead, I think they should reopen the "Our New Machine" thread for that purpose. ^_^

-God Ginrai

I want to see this.

Would be amazing, see how far we have come :)

Also, Skeezix, wtwtfwfwtwtf, awesome.

skeezix said:
You know, even in rev3 state which is not 'finished' in the factory, this is _gorgeous_.

Like Craig said .. soon as you turn it on, THIS IS THE SHIT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SINCE THE FIRST TIME YOU SAW STAR TREK AS A KID.

jeff
Sounds like the day I got my Zodiac... :wub: Seems like the six years of waiting for a worthy successor are finally over! :)

Back