My Pandora Review

God Ginrai said:
MWeston specifically says in that post that the charging circuit supplies power to the system and the battery. This means that the battery is not simultaneously charging and discharging when the AC adapter is plugged in.

-God Ginrai

Thanks for clarifying this...I feel like this should be stickied somewhere before people start getting the wrong idea. This had me worried for a bit. The idea of having to pay $20+ for shipping an extra battery down the road did not seem enticing.

Last edited by a moderator:
DaveC said:
About the hinge mechanism (...)

Thanks DaveC. Very informative and intelligent response. I feel now more at ease with the hinge. :)

DaveC, knowing the rationale behind the choice is interesting and helpful. I'm sure it's perfectly usable in that half-open state. Just have to see when I get my Pandora but thanks for explaining.

thanks wejp

the explanation you give was great,
when you mentioned the nubs, i thought you didnt like the design of them not that they were stiff

i also got the wrong idea from a few other things you said, but you cleared that up

and it seems any issues you found, shouldnt really be much of a bother for me

Thanks for explaining the hinge, that was my one reservation about the hardware but I see there wasn't really a choice.

+1
thanks for the explanation DaveC.
I didn´t bother about the hinge working the way it does moreover its always good to know the backgrounds :)

EDIT: Oh wrong "My Pandora Review" thread... nvm

Can you please use thumbnails for those images, this thread keeps locking up firefox for me! <_<
(Posting with elinks :p )

Mqark said:
So.... does that mean that if we were to salvage a hinge from a dead DS we could replace the one in the pandora if we so wished?

They're probably not the same size...but I'm sure if someone were able to figure it out, people would love it.

Thanks for all the photos. I have to say that the quality of the case looks good and was definitely worth the wait.

Back