My Quarter Biology Project

Ok, so here are all of the finished pictures (I just need to put them into a Word document, add titles and borders around them and print):
1_finished.gif

2_finished.gif

3_finished.gif

4_finished.gif

5_finished.gif

6_finished.gif

7_finished.gif

8_finished.gif

9_finished.gif

10_finished.gif

Attachments

• 1_finished.gif
    1_finished.gif
    28 KB · Views: 118
  • 1_finished.gif
    1_finished.gif
    28 KB · Views: 125
  • 2_finished.gif
    2_finished.gif
    38.6 KB · Views: 122
  • 2_finished.gif
    2_finished.gif
    38.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 3_finished.gif
    3_finished.gif
    36 KB · Views: 139
  • 3_finished.gif
    3_finished.gif
    36 KB · Views: 130
  • 4_finished.gif
    4_finished.gif
    56.1 KB · Views: 128
  • 4_finished.gif
    4_finished.gif
    56.1 KB · Views: 119
  • 5_finished.gif
    5_finished.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 121
  • 5_finished.gif
    5_finished.gif
    20.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 7_finished.gif
    7_finished.gif
    36.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 6_finished.gif
    6_finished.gif
    29.6 KB · Views: 124
  • 6_finished.gif
    6_finished.gif
    29.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 8_finished.gif
    8_finished.gif
    27 KB · Views: 124
  • 7_finished.gif
    7_finished.gif
    36.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 9_finished.gif
    9_finished.gif
    17 KB · Views: 113
  • 8_finished.gif
    8_finished.gif
    27 KB · Views: 113
  • 9_finished.gif
    9_finished.gif
    17 KB · Views: 117
  • 10_finished.gif
    10_finished.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 10_finished.gif
    10_finished.gif
    19.6 KB · Views: 107
11_finished.gif

12_finished.gif

Attachments

• 11_finished.gif
    11_finished.gif
    25.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 11_finished.gif
    11_finished.gif
    25.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 12_finished.gif
    12_finished.gif
    55.4 KB · Views: 106
  • 12_finished.gif
    12_finished.gif
    55.4 KB · Views: 104
me too: trashcans up your nose are bad for the fishies!

(or so I think, didn't read the comment just looked at the pictures, ffs I'm on a 5 minute break from studying Kantsian Ethics Philosophy :p gimme break!)

I guess I might as well ask in here instead of making another thread.

Now, I'm working on some extra credit for the class, in case I totally mess up with this project (Which I turned in today) and/or don't do so well on the final (Friday). For the extra credit, I have to find 1-2 biologists who have made 5 significant contributions to biology, then I have to do this writing thing where I write about the contributions and their impact on Science. When I first heard this, I thought, ok, peace of cake! But when I got home, it wasn't as easy as I thought. I can only find biologists with a few contributions (1-2, 3 at most). I thought I had it with Linus Pauling, but then I realized that he was actually a chemist and not a biologist :lol: I've tried Alexander Fleming, but I only got like 2 for him. I tried Charles Darwin, but all the pages I found for him were very lengthy reads and I think he only made 1-2 really big contributions, that's it. I also tried Rosalind Franklin, but she only had one, then I tried Watson and Crick, they, of course, only had 1 big one.

So, I'm running out of biologists, and I need some help. Any ideas on places I can go (websites, of course) for this extra credit? I've been to encarta.com, encyclopedia.com, brainyencyclopedia.com, and done some google searching. Thanks.

I would try Wikipedia - great information source!

For Biology, try:

Louis Pasteur

- He demonstrated the fermentation process
- He invented the pasteurisation process
- He demonstrated the immunisation process
- His work on vaccination meant that vaccines could be created artificially
- Created cure for Rabies

There is a long list of famous biologists here

What was the impact on Science for creating the cure for rabies and his demonstration of the fermentation and immunization? His demonstration on fermentation led to his invention of the pasteurisation process, but wouldn't that have to be used in conjunction with the pasteurization one, thus making it one contributions? What could I say about the demonstartion? He demonstrated the fermentation process and established something (I don't feel like typing it) that led him to invent pasteurization? What would the impact on Science be? It led him to create the pasteurization process?

EDIT: And isn't Louis Pasteur a chemist?

Its very subjective how you consider what is a "contribution" and what is not (talk to your teacher about this). It is entirely possible that he could have demonstrated the fermentation process and then sit back and open a Bud and get money for writing books etc.. Except he contributed more with the pasteurisation process etc..

Vesalius - Was a biologist (anatomist?) and made lots of discoveries that proved Galen (a greek doctor who was widely accepted by the church as correct) like the jaw-bone being only one bone.

Pare - Invented a salve to help heal wounds rather than using boiling oil to caurterise (sp?) the wounds and cause extreme discomfort. Also used catgut ligaments to tie up arteries in amputations.

Harvey - Discovered how the blood flows around the body, circulation. His scientific methods influenced other doctors. Also proved Galen wrong.

Koch - German scientist who dicovered how bacteria causes diesease in HUMANS.

That's biology, right?

I guess I'll do one on Louis Pasteur, but I still need another one.

Skop - Yeah, that's biology, but the biologist must have contributed at least 5 contributions.

Oh yeah, today I fond out that I got a 98 on the project! My teacher said I would have gotten a 100 if I included the inflammatory response and a story. But a 98 is still good. Thanks for all the help on it!

Back