My Stupid Questions :3

Zephiros

Still Fresh
well I searched for things that could help me with my question but I came up with nothing soooo...

heres my questions..a noobs (my) questions :3

The Gameboy Advance emulator for GP32, Does it Support Advance Wars, Advance Wars 2 and Mario Kart Super Circuit? Because..if it does..I'm going to get myself a GP32.

Can you Link a GP32 with another GP32 for Gameboy/Color/Advance games like you would a Gameboy/Color/Advance? Because..I'd rather not pass my GP32 to my friend so he can see all of my artilery units and blow the crap out of them. (even if this isnt available I'll get a GP32. Advance Wars, Advance Wars 2 and Mario Kart Super Circuit makes it good for me..because I'm a AW-lover. :3)

Oh Btw..the reason why I asked about the link is because of the USB port, and I've heard that people have been able to make makeshift link cables that link GBA to Computer so I thought there mightve been something like that that links two GP32's together. =P

Other Questions I'm too lazy to look for:

For the MAME Emulator (NeoGeo games are actually playable on MAME..as are CPS1 and CPS2..and MAMEs own games..so I probably wont get both emulators) can people play games like Marvel vs Capcom, King of Fighters, Metal Slug and so on on the GP32?

for the GP32 in general can multiple emulators and roms be run from one lil media card thing? not at the same time of course but I mean on the card in general.

aaaand last but not least..are alot of the emulators playable at a good speed WITHOUT the need to overclock the GP32? I dont wanna get one just to break it. lol.

Oh wait..I do have another question. are alot of the emulators for GP32 available on the GP2x? and what advantages does the GP2x have over the GP32? (because if the GP2x can run NES, SNES, GBC and GBA on it..along with MAME and NeoGeo..((I think I saw them all of the list at the site with the link I cant remember))..and is better than the GP32, I'll get it if I find it cheaper..which is unlikely.)

you're considering a gp32 to emulate gameboy advance!?! Forget about it, the gba emulator isn't really functional. Buy a gba instead.

@MAME for the gp32:
I don't think you can play any of the games you mentioned on the gp32 version of mame, i think you are confusing it with the gp2x version.

@gp2x:
The gp2x doesn't have as much software available for it as the gp32 does, but that is because the gp32 has been out for 5 years and the gp2x hasn't even been out 5 months. The gp2x has much more powerful processing, more memory, more buttons, and will definitely get a lot more things running on it in the future.

Overall, i think you're a bit confused as to what runs on these devices and what is PLAYABLE on these devices. I think you should consider reading around these boards some more and maybe checking out some compatability lists (warmfluffyuk has a nice gp32 emulator compatability list, many people discuss compatability for the gp2x and gp32 on these boards, and there are some gp2x compatability lists in the wiki).

If you want to play games like Advance Wars, Advance Wars 2 and Mario Kart Super Circuit, then buy a GBA + Flash card, guaranteed compatibility, full speed, and less than the price of a GP32 :) (I paid £20 for a GBA, and £30 for a flash card, total £50.)

Back