My Wife Took My Gp2x

iignotus posted on Dec 11 2005 at 11:10 AM said:
Handheld with a 7" or larger screen? I think it would cease to be a handheld at that point.

There are PMPs that are reaching 7" screen size. Both MS and Sony are pushing HD because that is the resolution when you can actually appreciate the high res textures. (try to run your the best and the latest PC games on 640x480 versus 1024x768) With 3~4" screen with 480x272 all the wonderful details just disappears. Or, compare N64 Zelda64 with Gamecube Zelda64. They're the same game, but one shows more detail just because it has a higher resolution. That's the whole arguement Nintendo's havng with their Revolution, also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 11 2005 at 03:07 PM said:
PSP? The Remake/Port System? Yeah heard of it, not interested though :)

PlayStation PORTable. What did you expect? :p

codeninja posted on Dec 11 2005 at 11:29 PM said:
Mr. Anderson posted on Dec 11 2005 at 03:07 PM said:
PSP? The Remake/Port System? Yeah heard of it, not interested though :)

PlayStation PORTable. What did you expect? :p

....did you not notice the same thing with the PS2 or are you just blind. PSone ports with new names and better graphics *Shrugs* :)

When Sony entered the games market they pretty much killed it....with endless sequels...very lightly monitoring for quality games....

3D should be on handhelds... but handheld games shouldnt be ports (or even completely new versions of) games that are on home consoles. This is why DS is pwning the arse off the PSP at every turn. Most PSP games might as well be on a PS2, where as DS game are mostly beautifully immediate fun.

Back