Myriad 4.5

WarmFluffyUK

The Big Wad Bolf.
Website
www.retrotech.one
Hi Ho,

Me again with another update to Myriad. I have now added a mini level.

Myriad_4.0.gif
Space.gif

Myriad 4.5
Have fun,
Clare.

Oh, a fast one :) Nice!

Oh, btw, I forgot to tell you, you can reduce the size of your fpgs to around 1/10 !
In FPGEdit, you can select a FPG compressor somewhere, in which you can choose FPG to be compressed.

Quiest posted on Sep 12 2006 at 03:10 PM said:
Oh, a fast one :) Nice!

Oh, btw, I forgot to tell you, you can reduce the size of your fpgs to around 1/10 !
In FPGEdit, you can select a FPG compressor somewhere, in which you can choose FPG to be compressed.
She does know, I think she just forgets :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you should instead of allowing only one bullet on the screen at a time put a speed limit on bullets. This would encourage more floating around and less sitting on buildings.

And either make the enemy projectiles less accurate or increase the manuverability of your ship. This could possibly be done through having a toggle button for moving the crosshairs..im not exactly sure of the best way. Or maybe slow down the enemy ships and bullets but add a few more of them.

A cool enemy that would encourage movement would be a slinky like baddie that 'walks' across the building tops.

Fun game :) horray!

_____edit____

I played a bit again..

I was thinking about the mid stage encounters.. It would be pretty cool if you could shoot the obstacles to break them into pieces. Then you could have a reason to drop shield upgrades. or maybe a claw type weapon that could reach out and grab onto the asteroids and quickly bringing your ship onto them destroying them..although it would make absolutely no sence, would probably be fun.

Or..combine the two levels to have a crazy ass gameplay. This would get people from 'hovering' and make it super fast paced and much more difficult. With this mode you would have to have your shield able to be activated with a button..possibly using more energy if used with a button then getting hit alone but either destroying or repelling the crossing asteroids.

greenmikey posted on Sep 12 2006 at 09:11 PM said:
I think you should instead of allowing only one bullet on the screen at a time put a speed limit on bullets. This would encourage more floating around and less sitting on buildings.
Yeah I could do that, will give it a go and see how it plays :)

And either make the enemy projectiles less accurate or increase the manuverability of your ship. This could possibly be done through having a toggle button for moving the crosshairs..im not exactly sure of the best way. Or maybe slow down the enemy ships and bullets but add a few more of them.
I have been thinking about making most enemy bullets shoot a random direction, but only a few being directed at you.

A cool enemy that would encourage movement would be a slinky like baddie that 'walks' across the building tops.
Actually I have had an idea of a blob thingy that squishes along the bottom and climbs buildings then jumps up at you :)

I was thinking about the mid stage encounters.. It would be pretty cool if you could shoot the obstacles to break them into pieces. Then you could have a reason to drop shield upgrades.
Yes I like the idea of shooting the rocks to break them into smaller ones. What I propose is this:

All rocks are large to start with, Shooting them breaks them into smaller rocks, shooting the smaller racks breaks them down into tiny rocks, shooting them destroys them.
Ship damage received will be greater the larger the rocks, so there is an incentive to break em down.
The larger the rock, the slower it moves.
The ships firing mechanism will always be pointing to the right, so you don't have to aim much.
Also I can possibly add other little aliens that fly in from the right too :)

Last edited by a moderator:
all sounds very cool. this game has quickly gone from a curiosity to a really fun addictive game. looking forward to any updates this gets. the new mini level is a lot of fun and i love the ideas you have for it.

Back